• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text colour changes after copy & paste

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Captivate Update to 2019 Release 11.5.5.553 i encounter following problem. When i copy a text with a white fond colour and past it to anoother project, the colour in the pasted text changes from white to a brownish colour. Does anybody else have this problem? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... not sure to understand. Captivate projects are always based on a Theme. A theme has Fonts, Color palette, Object Styles and Master slides (some minor extr components). Captivate has NO text styles, only object styles. Since Captions, Shapes and buttons can have text, the 'style' for the text is included in the object styles for those objects.When you paste such an object (you didn't tell which kind of object) to another project, it will normally take on the style of the Theme in that project. What has changed in 11.5 is the possibility to have multiple themes in one project. I wonder if this is the case in your workflow?  Which object did you copy/paste? Do both projects use exactly the same Theme? Did you not override the style for the object in the source project (you would see a +sign next to the style name)?

Here is a possible workaround which I described in a blog. 11.5 has a new feature 'copy/paste appearance'. If you select a text within a text container, you can copy the text style only, and then paste it to any other text not only within the same project but also in another project. You need to select the text in the target project before using Pasre Appearance.

See. http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-copy-slash-paste-appearance-in-11-dot-5-0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am copying a text caption and paste it into another slide. The theme has not been changed. I'll try again and let you know if i have find the source for my error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have overridden a style as I mentioned. Did you check it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources