Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text entry fields not able to tab between 2 fields

Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have placed 2 text entry fields that are for username & a password, I on publish/preview, I type the username and go to hit the TAB key to move to the password field but nothing happens & cursor does not move to the other field...

I did try a quick search for this question as I thought it must of happened before to others, but could not find what I needed..the answer 😉

Kind Regards

Rossco

DOH! I just found some more information on tabbing between these fields, so will check that out fisrt........must be Friday (over here)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Hi There,

Welcome to Adobe Forum.

Have you tried using the shortcut option assigned as "Tab" in the action properties of the text entry box as shown in the following image:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks

Loveesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to Adobe Forum.

Have you tried using the shortcut option assigned as "Tab" in the action properties of the text entry box as shown in the following image:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks

Loveesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Loveesh,

yes that helps too 🙂

Cheers

Rossco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you do not have that option in your Action Tab?  There are no other help sections that discuss why a field would not automatically jump to the next field for entry.  The options set on other fields is Mouse Up and then Execute a Menu item.  Every other field is set the same way and they jump to the next field.  Then you have two fields that do not work skips right over them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a question, please start a new thread. This one is from 2013.... you probalby have a totally different version of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources