Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

this.m_state is undefined error

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--

I'm consistently getting this error with my SCORM learning. I've traced it to this line in CPM.js:

var a = this.m_state.charAt(this.m_curReadPos),...

Does anyone know what this is about? I've scoured the internet and found only a passing reference to the server not serving the JSON mime type correctly or at all, but I've added this line to my .htaccess file:

AddType application/json json

Just can't get past this. It works on the SCORM cloud, however. Please. Any help at all is appreciated. I'm absolutely stuck.

Using Captivate 2019, v. 11.5.1.499.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not using the most recent version of 11.5, which is 11.5.5.553. Please update.

Does the webserver with the LMS  support JSON? It is needed for the PNG images. Since it works on SCORM Cloud, this is the location to look for the problem, not in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

I can ask our IT dept to upgrade my Captivate, but am not sure that will help since this works in the cloud.

The LMS is hosted by a third party and I'm told it does support JSON.

I do agree this is a server issue and not a Captivate issue and just hope other users here will have a way to address this. Do you know if the line in my .htaccess file is accurate and should fix this?

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating your version of Captivate is so that you would be able to ensure your published output is of the highest quality Captivate is currently able to produce.  Using the latest version of Captivate is almost always the best way to go.

However, having the latest and best version of Captivate won't fix this particular issue unless your LMS web server also enables JSON files.  Your htaccess file isn't necessarily going to override the security settings for the main server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rod. I appreciate your input.

I understand the benefits of updating Captivate, but it is out of my hands right now.

Working with our webhost, we have confirmed JSON is enabled and working fine, which leaves me even more confused. I'm not really sure what else to look for. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you that it is a server issue, but unlike you I do not trust your webhost's statement that JSON is correctly enabled at their end.  

If it works on SCORM Cloud (as you stated) then the issue is NOT with Captivate's output. SCORM Cloud's server definitely does support JSON.  That's the proof,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've confirmed the server we're running is serving JSON properly and returns the same settings as the SCORM Cloud.

I'm beginning to think this is a matter of code and not the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources