• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC is Disable: Why the roll over still displaying a hand?

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 11.5.5

Im using the TOC as view only - the navigation is disabled.

Showing the hand for the mouse on rollover is deceiving, leading the learner to think it is clickable when it is not.

How do I turn off the roll over hand when the TOC is rolled over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had my TOC enabled so I've never tested this option out. Mine even allows for the rollover effect to still function even with Navigation disabled. I'm not sure if this is a situation where a feature request is warranted or perhaps this is a bug report. In either case this should be reported to Adobe.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on why the TOC would be view only? My curiosity is itching to know. This doesn't seem to be a common request, but perhaps your justification would be enlightening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that it's for informational purposes only giving users a sense of progress or completion, instead of for navigational purposes, but the original poster would have to tell you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul. That is exactly it, in addition to displaying to the learner where they are in the structure, since we can highlight the current slide.

We require everyone visits every slide for completion in this course, so we can't allow users to advance to some random future slide. Since I found the ability to enable/disable the navigation in the TOC, I thought this was a great solution for progress and current slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the option to turn on "Navigate Visited Slides Only" in the TOC settings. Is this a suitable alternative?

NavigateToVisitedOnly.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you do turn on Navigate Visited Slides Only the hand cursor and rollover on TOC items still happens.

This is obviously a bug in the HTML5 implementation of the TOC.  But I would say at this point in Captivate 2019's life cycle you would have zero chance that Adobe is willing to offer an update fix for such a small issue.

The issue would be fixable with JavaScript.  So perhaps one of the JS gurus on this forum can chime in with a solution.  The other option (depending on how important this issue is to your project) might be to offer to pay a guru for an hour of their time to give you a solution.

If you offered to pay Tristan Ward for an hour of his time he would create a solution and build it into CpExtra for you.  You would still need to purchase a license of CpExtra as well. You can contact him via the Contact page on the Infosemantics website. 

That's all I can suggest.  Hopefully this bug will not be in the next version of Captivate...whenever that comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources