Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not showing all visited slides after resuming

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captivate community!

I have a mysterious TOC-problem. When the user is going through the slides the "navigate visited slides only" is working correctly. But after exiting and resuming the elearning, the scorm-project doesn't "remember" all the visited slides. After the user has finished the eLearning and open the scorm again, about 1/4 of the slides from the end aren't ticked (these slides are shown as not visited). 
BTW, the course is marked correctly as complete after the user has reached the last slide. I'm using Scorm Cloud for testing.
Any ideas, what could be wrong?

Thanks for your support!

- G y a n

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Hi everyone!
The leading Captivate expert Rod Ward solved my TOC-problem. He advised me to change the SCORM-version from 1.2 to 2004 and that worked out perfectly.

Thanks a million Rod!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those slides which are not viewed completely? I mean, that the playhead never reaches the last frame of the slide, because of there is a Next button which jumps to the next slide and skips all frames in the inactive part of the button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri!

Thanks for your quick response.

I did some more testing and it looks like the problem isn't related to some specific slides (that are not viewed completely).

Please let me clarify:

My project has one intro-slide, a branching slide and five groups. When you click a group's button in the branchin slide you'll go to the first slide in that group. After visiting all the slides in a group, you are forwarded back to the branching slide (the slides in each group have a next-button)
I tried to navigate the project in a different order by starting from the group 5 and then going  to groups 4, 3, 2, 1. Now the visited slides that weren't remembered after exiting and resuming (coming back) were different than the ones that go t forgotten when I went trough the course in the normal order (group 1, group 2, etc.). I have 51 slides in my course. Looks like my project can remember only 39 slides and if I visit more slides (for example 42 slides), it forgets the slides (in my example 3 sllides) when I exit (close the browser window where the project is running) and resume.

quiz settingsquiz settingstoc settingstoc settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone!
The leading Captivate expert Rod Ward solved my TOC-problem. He advised me to change the SCORM-version from 1.2 to 2004 and that worked out perfectly.

Thanks a million Rod!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources