Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic progress possible states

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. My client wants the following for the table of contents:

"Topic progress has three possible states: filled for complete, half-filled for started but not
complete, and empty for not started."

DanielAlbarran_0-1635660308139.png

Is there any option for setting these three states in the in-built table of contents? Or any idea? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate's built in Table of Contents does not have this option and you cannot really customise it to do so unless you were a very capable JavaScript programmer able to get under the hood of Captivate's published output to bend it to your will.

If your client insists on having something like this then you would need to create if from scratch using Variables and Conditional Advanced Actions.  Certainly possible to do, but somewhat of an advanced topic that would require good skills with Captivate's interactivity.

What is your current level with Captivate as a user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rod. I ´d say I have an intermediate level. I´ve worked with variables and Conditional Advanced Actions. I´ll try those options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could choose to create a custom Table of Contents, where you have complete control over the appearance. With the default TOC, that is not possible out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources