• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent button over video slide in Captivate help

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on a training module in Captivate that has 1 video broken up into 11 sections over 11 slides. The project has branch awareness so I don't have play/pause buttons in the skin. I built a play and pause button under my video and at the beginning of each slide I have a button that pops up on the video slide "Click here to continue." Everything functions fine except the "click here" button comes up transparent. In the settings I have it set to 100% opacity and in Captivate it appears to be solid but when I test in our LMS it appears transparent. Is there a setting causing this? On the timeline I have it stacked: Slide, then Slide video, a Smart shape, "click here" button, and then Play button and then the Pause button. I'm not sure why it comes up like that if anyone has any tips or links that would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparent button is a type of button, but I suspect you mean another type? 

How does it look with 'Preview HTML in Browser'? Which browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm still new to Captivate so I don't know a whole lot yet. When I preview it in the LMS and HTML it is transparent but not when I see it in Captivate. It's around 50% or 60% see through when I preview it. My process was just taking a shape and turning it into a button and in the properties the opacity is at 100%. Under style name it says Default Smart Shape Style. I'll look around it a little more to see if it's set to be transparent or not. do you know of any other reason this could happen?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a shape button; which is the most flexible type.  It is the opacity which is important in that case.More info (maybe too much) in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

You probably inserted the videos as slide video, not event video, and hopefully in a non-responsive project.

I always avoid to put buttons on top of a video, keep space reserved for them. Here is an example of an interactive video:

Custom Play/Pause button

Maybe post a screenshot of what you see with Preview HTML in Browser? One button is OK, but the other 'at the start of the slide' not. Are both buttons on the master slide and/or set to display for the rest of the project? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'm going to look in to those links. I insterted an interactive video from my computer. I'll have to double check with my boss if I can post a screen shot. I do appreciate the help a lot.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I would suggest checking: If you have this shape button timed to Fade In, then remove the fade in and preview as HTML5 again to see if the button now looks at 100% opacity. 

If it does, then that would suggest that your original iss is due to some other interactive button or component pausing the timeline at some point while the button is fading in.  That would account for why it looks semi-transparent.

To fix this all you need to do is prevent that pausing of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I think I do have it set to fade out once the user clicks it. I didn't know I could prevent button from pausing the timeline. I'm going to look in to that this morning. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pausing point of any interactive object by default is set at 1.5secs. Use the Timing Properties panel to change the timing or deactivate the pausing. 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Maybe post a screenshot of the timeline of that video slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources