• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting an upload in Moodle

Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an oversized (almost 4 GB) media heavy project from another developer that needs to load into a Moodle LMS environment. I already broke the project up into smaller elements, but I'm not getting paid to rebuild it the right way, just doing a favor for a partner organization who shares our LMS space. 

The problem is that it seems like anything that approaches 500 MB immediately fails in the upload, even though there's no limit on upload sizes. has anyone else run into this issue?

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a typical Moodle environment there is more than one place that can limit the upload file size.

The Admin settings in Moodle are one place.  But you also need to check that there are no other limits being imposed by the web server or the PHP INI file.

Have you checked all those places?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod - just go the same feedback from our sys admin - they really need to figure out how to grant me limited admijn privileges  so I can worki this out without bugging people. Hope all's well down under!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downunder is great, at least where I am in the far west of the country.  Easterners are having a COVID breakout at the moment and they've gone into lockdown again.  Borders are closed between states to prevent the spread.  All good here in Western Australia though.  Thanks for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources