• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download Character Assets in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed a fresh copy of Captivate 11.5 and when I try to download charactor assest, a blank download status window pops up but the system freezes and it doesn;t work.  I tried looking for other posts about this issue and I found one that said to clear the 11_5 character folder and run a "Clear Preferences" file but unfortunately that didn;t work either.

Can anyone please tell me if they were able to figure out how to fix this?

Thanks.

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I followed these directions but it didn't work.  The version that I installed was already the latest so after deleting the folders in these instructions, Captivate wouldn't allow me to update.  Losing those foldes caused me problems using the entire tool so I had to re-install from scratch again and it still won't let me download characters unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird, because those folders are totally separate from the installation folders. Deleting one of them while Captivate is closed, only causes a recreation of a fresh folder without corruption.

When you re-installed did you not forget to Clean the Preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the folders then downloading a character again and it worked this time!!

Thank you so much, you are my virtual hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this feedback. Lot is virtual at this moment... Sometimes insisting can be rewarding, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources