Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get property 'length'

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using Captivate 2019 and Internet Explorer 11 and published into html5.

The problem is that the project never load.

I have the message: Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference (after doing F12 to see what's going on). 

Before publishing I checked the compatibility with html5. What I can do? 

Thanks to helping me.

Mellaro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try in another browser please? I hope you didn't publish to both SWF and HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Yes I tried with others browsers and everything works well but my client use IE so I need to fix the problem. What do you mean by "I hope you didn't publish to both SWF and HTML" ?

Thanks

Mellaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to your sentence 'I checked the compatibility with html5. '. What do you mean? 

It seems to be an IE problem. IE is known as the worst browser for HTML output. Did you test after publishing and uploading to a webserver (or LMS)? If you did only test locally, please try to test from a webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I meant, to check compatibility (because anything flash-based not be supported in HTML) I used the html5 tracker
under the “project” menu in Captivate. We don't have LMS but I'll try to test from a webserver and see if it's work better, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Mellaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I tried from a web server as you suggested and it doesn't work either so I tried a small Playbar instead of a full one. It worked when I tested locally even with IE. I was happy and when I tried from a web server it didn't work anymore (exept with others browers of course...). The only option that I can see for now it's to publish without a Playbar.

If you have other idea please let me know.

Thanks

Mellaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, out of ideas. I don't have IE installed anymore since quite a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources