• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to record Windows Explorer

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating my first ever project in Adobe Captivate 3. Is there a know issue with not being able to record anything within Windows Explorer or is it something that I am doing wrong?

Anyone know how to get round this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say "unable to record" that may mean several things.

Are you expecting Captivate to automatically record and it isn't?

Is Captivate listing any sort of error?

What exactly is happening?

Captivate does an amazing job with what it does. But in some cases it is unable to sense things. For example, you may be using Windows Explorer, but what is being presented that you are trying to record? Maybe Captivate just doesn't understand it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I am recording a demonstration. I have recorded most of my demonstration in Active Directory. I have now gone to record a part of it in Windows explorer. No error appears it seems as though it is recording it says importing when I hit end. But then when I go to prievew my slides it shows the main windows explorer screen but then you cant see the things that I click on within it. So it just look as thought I have recorded nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My bad. Not enough coffee yet. I was thinking Microsoft Internet Explorer. Silly me. I  know better.

Actually Captivate should be recording good old Explorer.

Are you recording in slide-by-slide mode or in Full Motion Capture mode? I ask because if you say Full Motion Capture, I've seen it myself where Captivate misses a lot of the action.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recording full screen in full motion capture mode. I have just tried tried recording application in record mode demonstration but this still does the same thing.

Do you know anyway to stop captivate missing the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your recording settings. Edit > Preferences > Recording

I too would not recommend Full Motion Recording, outside of 'drag and drop actions' and 'mouse wheel actions', as checked by default I believe.

If you do use Full Motion, check that option in the preferences and either check 'disable hardware acceleration' or check it, depending on its current state. I've found such odd capture problems can usually be solved by disabling hardware acceleration, for whatever reason.

HTH

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried both of these and no difference.

It doesn't seem to record if I cut, copy, paste or rename any files within windows explorer but it does record if I open up and of the files within explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your OS 64-bit? If yes, then Captivate would fail to capture windows explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources