• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uncaught ReferenceError: cp is not defined

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error with a project i am working on using Captivate 11.5.4.613. Other parts of the project are working fine (this projects is 2 modules with 10 lessons each, Most of the lessons work but a few keep coimng up with this error!)

I have done the usual, hide slide, remove the quiz but I

have the error Uncaught ReferenceError: cp is not defined

This project is render without scorm, and exists on its own server.

Link to non working lesson:

http://media.mindinstitute.org/education/ADEPT-1-Chinese/Introduction/index.html

Link to working one:

http://media.mindinstitute.org/education/ADEPT-1-Vietnamese/Introduction/index.html

HELP...This is driving me crazy!

All errorsAll errorsThe one that keeps happening!The one that keeps happening!still

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make any changes at all to that  index.html file?

Errors in that code can cause a hang like you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PHUGUNIN,

with this kind of problem it is best to follow the trace from the very start. The first error message is:

Failed to load resource: the server responds with a status of 503 (Service unavailable) ... check_version.php:1

What is check_version.php? Is it a Browser sniffing routine? I'm not aware that Captivate incorperates PHP, at least I've never heard of it. Is it something you added somewhere or is it a PHP routine on your own server and is automatically included in requests to the server? The HTTP status 503 very likely means that the server is overwhelmed by too many synchronous requests.

My guess is that every error that follows is a consequence of this very first resource loading problem. It might be a good idea, to check your output on a different server or on a locally installed server. To see whether the same happens there.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on the working version also... but they function...

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.45.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the lessons that are not working have drag and drop?  I discovered I had to rebuild my drag and drop slides.  Now my circumstance maybe a little different.  I had a course originally built in Captivate 6, then updated in 9, then 2017, and now 2019 and problems insued.  I just rebuilt the drag and drop slides I had and it now works.  Latest Captivate version that I have is: 11.5.5.553

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I wonder if you have found a solution to the issue.

We have a similar issue after changing the hosting provider. We have html5 captivate projects that were working on the previous hosting, those projects works locally, but know on the new server we got the same error message Uncaught ReferenceError: cp is not defined.

We are still looking for a solution to the issue, we think it is more related to the hosting, how it manage cache or specific libraries.

Any feedback is appreacited.

Cheers,

Santiago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure your new hosting server is configured to allow JSON files.  Captivate's HTML5 output relies on these JSON files but not all web servers are configured to serve them. This might be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen when copying code from a text editor into the Captivate JS dialog.

It has something to do with line breaks.

I went through the page where it was happening and rewrote the JS in the captivate JS dialog and this took care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which text editor? Is it a dedicated code editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visual Code Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed a dedicated editor (I still use Brackets).

You don't have comments in the code? They are not supported in the tiny JS window in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources