Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underlying PowerPoint slide flashes during the first frame of each new slide

Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project was created from a PowerPoint presentation. Over each slide, I inserted a video starting from the very FIRST FRAME. However, when going through the published training, each time I click to advance to the next slide, the underlying slide of the next slide flashes for the first frame before the video appears.

It's a very quick flash, but it's very unprofessional and distracting for a user/learner. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Starting a Captivate e-learning project with PowerPoint puts you at somewhat of a disadvantage and leads to many annoying issues.  It has never really been the recommended way to use Captivate.

To help with your current problem I would suggest you do not have the videos on each slide hard up against the end of the slide timelines.  Try adding a short gap at each end.  Even a tenth of a second might be enough. 

You could also try using the options on the Timing tab that fade objects in or out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a Captivate e-learning project with PowerPoint puts you at somewhat of a disadvantage and leads to many annoying issues.  It has never really been the recommended way to use Captivate.

To help with your current problem I would suggest you do not have the videos on each slide hard up against the end of the slide timelines.  Try adding a short gap at each end.  Even a tenth of a second might be enough. 

You could also try using the options on the Timing tab that fade objects in or out to see if having a gentle half second fade in at either end of the video helps prevent the jarring effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Applying a fade to the underlying PowerPoint slide seems to solve the flashing issue by replacing it with a nice white fade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources