Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unable to login to Captivate(2019) since morning and the error that pops up is as below. I am using Windows 10  (Build 18363.1679) and have all my browser and OS up to date.

This comes up when I open Captivate and once i click on sign in.

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.

Kindly help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Thanks a lot, everyone for ur responses and @santoshn25659042 for your suggestions. I finally got a resolution from Adobe Chat support and they asked me to follow some instructions and it worked 🙂

Attached text file with the instructions Hope it helps someone with similar issues 🙂

Strangely I can't paste those instructions in the post here, it's not accepting (might be an issue to be solved some other day :D)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was pushed automatically when adobe acrobat DC was installed, the extension would appear automatically. I did not have to go find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue. Once Sign out is performed on Captivate, it is impossible to Sign in again.

Although the operating system is updated, the same message pop-up not allowing to input the email of the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two off my Students hat the same problem. I talked to our technical administration and to the enterprise support of Adobe. both couldnt help me. So i tryed diffrent things with diffrent windows Versions und and Windows Update Versions. By accident i found a solution i could verify on a not at all updatet Version of windows 10 and a fully updatet Version of windows 10
Solution:
Diconnect or turn off the internet access of the PC. I dont know which server or stuff the setup trys to concect to but this seems to be the error. So please Fix your stuff Adobe. If you are on it maybe integrate that you can zoom in Captivate with str+Mousewheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU!!! 

So simple-go offline...fix this Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! So simple and effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of all solutions offered to no avail, this one worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you! This worked for me when I could not get the Adobe Lightroom Downloader to install. I disabled my NIC, ran the installer, which got past the error, then re-connected the NIC so that the program could download and install. I had previously tried all other suggestions - registry fixes, changing default browser, downloading a new version of AASIapp.exe, etc. - to no avail, but this sorted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Gobbz. Your solution is the good one in my computer. The solution suggested by Adobe does not work for me.

These things are very irritating on the part of Adobe. Why do these kinds of things happen?

Captivate gives the impression of being abandoned software. And the clients too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all suggestions on this, and all failed.  What worked is replacing your AALIapp.exe with a newer version provide by Adobe here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/ccp-windows-sign-in-issue.html

This executable is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I'm having the same issue with Adobe Captivate (2019) running on Windows 10 (1909) (OS Build 18363.1679) which is our organisations supported build, I have applied the reg fix and also replaced the AASIapp.exe as mentioned in this post but am still getting theUpdate Required message, any new thoughts on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after downloading the zipfile, go offline and install-worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to jump into this not having Captivate but I've been trying to install Elements 19 on to my brand new laptop and getting the failure due to out of date browser etc too.

I downloaded the AASlap fix but that obviously won't work due to the programme having not been installed yet. I also tried going off-line too but it still wouldn't install until a connection was re-made.

How do I install my copy of Elements in the first place please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered the very same problem with Premier Elements 2019. Adobe's suggested fix of reloading AASIapp.exe does not work for me. This is clearly a fauilt on Adobes part and I do not see why I should have to waste my time putting their faults right at my cost.  No way I'm going to mess with the register because that way lies disaster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous different threads on here addressing the same problem. There are numerous proposed solution. I found the only one that worked was this, from member defaulttyafxhwn7dnu

Workaround for PSE Installation or Update -- Updat... - Adobe Support Community - 12207888

1. Download Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe which is 2343 kb

2. Login to your Adobe account via Creative Cloud, and you don't need to install any programs, you are just using cc as a jumping point

3. Then install PSE (PhotoshopElements_2019_LS30_win64_ESD.zip) or run PSE (already installed), then after your logged into cc and stay logged in it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue!

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in all of these responses I saw that someone was able to install Adobe Captivate while offline.  Making sure the install file was available offline, I disconnected all internet access.  The install worked.  Now it was time to enter a license key or signin.  I opted to sign in, so I reconnected to the internet.  That was a mistake, I started getting the same error.  I closed all programs and disconnected all internet connections, launched Captive.  This time it gave me the option to enter a sign in or skip registration, I opted to skip registration.  Captive finished the install and opened.  Before re-connecting to the internet, I closed and re-opened, Success!!!  I closed the program, reconnected to the internet, and opened Captivate.  When the program opened I clicked on Help>Sign in...Success!!!

The key to this whole thing was to be offline and skip registration until fully installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, glad you got it working, but the bigger question is, why should we have to go through these hoops to get it working in the first place, I unfortunately have had nothing bad bad experiences with supposed commercial softwre from Adobe, they're just a bit sh1t really 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.

It is not working. I'm in lockdown at a university computer and it just stoped working. The university is not working for support. I have no admin access.

It just stoped working at all.

Thats is insane. Askinkg me to update windows explorer, that is the worse joke ever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fix to update the single file worked for me. I had deployed the base image of Acrobat DC to all my managed machines via rmm and of course no one could sign in because of this...ugh. Had to spend time making a script to download and overwrite the problematic file on everyone's machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

//edit...the adobe updates break this fix and the fix needs to be reapplied. This is super annoying. They need to fix their updates as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro just disconnect the network and try again that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that will get it installed, but you'll be in exactly the same place once you reconnet the network the supported browser message comes back, I got my resolved by support supplying me with a modified installation package which did resolve my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having same issue trying to install illustrator 2017 on a fresh win 10 21h2 system. I still didn't try any solution provided here (as I'm away from office right now), but may I ask you to share the modified package installer so I could try if the above solutions don't work? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources