• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading a PDF "within" my Captivate project

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like for learners to have the option of clicking an attachments link within my Captivate project so that they can download a file that is relevant to my course WHILE they are watching the video.  Can Captivate do this?  I've used a similar feature on Articulate Presenter.

Thanks,

Robyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robyn,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

In order to download a file from the Captivate output, you need to attach a file in a Captivate project on any button or click box.

Add a button or a click box then go to Properties > (define the) Action > On Success > (Select) Open URL or File > (Type the name of the file in) URL:  and then publish the project.

After publishing the project send the File along with the output or paste the file in the output folder, so that the object (button or click box) would be able to find the file which has been attached to it.

I hope this will help you.

Please let me know the status along with some more information:

1) Version of Captivate?

2) What kind of an output are you taking from Captivate?

3) Are you using any LMS to upload the output?

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikas, thanks for the info. We are using Cornerstone to upload the output, so would the file be placed into the same folder as the zip file?

Thanks,

Robbyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robbyn,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, you have to unzip the zipped output file and then paste the pdf file in the folder and then zip it again.

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robyn,

If my suggestion helped you then please mark the post as answered so that other users can also take the benefit out of it.

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm not sure that's quite accurate, is it?

I mean, if you setup the project as described (correctly) above, in Captivate, then publish to SCORM.

The PDF should be moved to the created .zip folder automatically, and thus when you upload the .zip SCO, the LMS will unpack it and the PDF will be there as expected...

...right?

Or does CSOD do it differently?

Why unzip, place the PDF, and re-zip...when you have to edit the CP project to place the proper path for the PDF in the project, then republish (to SCORM/zip) anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources