• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Captivate quizzes for medical screening

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I could use the quiz feature in Captivate 2019 for medical screening?  A Knowledge Check is not graded, which does not work as I need to know how many "yes" and "no" responses.  A regular quiz does not work, as there really is no right or wrong answer when screening, and quiz questions have a right and wrong answer.  Can this only be done by creating user variables and advanced actions?

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to do with the results?  If you only need two totals of Y/N this could be done with normal quiz slides. Give some more details please. I have some blogs about using regular quiz slides for survey but that may not be appropriate for your use case.

Example: you only want to have the total of Y and N:

• Create T/F questions, set T as being the correct answer;  choose 1 attempt and take out the feedback messages
  • At the end the value of the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored will give you the number of times T has been chosen
  • To have the number of 'N', you just need to create one advanced action (if you don't want to do it manually) like this:
      Expression v_NoAnswer = cpQuizInfoTotalQuizPoints - cpQuizInfoPointsscored.

Not so complicated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, Thanks for the fast response. If they score at or above a specific percentage of "yes" answers, I jump to a specific slide. If they score below a specific percentage, I want to jump to a different slide. Depending on the type of medical screening, I may want to jump to one of several slides, determined by their "score". Does this provide enough additional background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure... Instead of the mentioned system variables, use cpInfoPercentage. The start of the workflow will be the same: create T/F questions (you may change the True to 'Yes' and the False to 'No'. Keep the T as correct answer. 

You will need an advanced (or shared action, if you will need this to be used often) action, to be triggered by an event. Since you are using real quiz slides, you'll get a score slide, which you can hide. Have the slides to jump to after that score slide, you can use the On Enter action of the first slide after the score slide to trigger this action, if you have only two branches:

IF cpInfoPercentage is greater or equal to X

Jump to slide X

ELSE

Jump to slide Y

You will have to be careful: take out the default playbar. You will not allow them to scrub the progress bar, not using the Next/Back buttons. The quiz slides have the Submit button, which will figure as Next button. Since the Score slide is hidden, the user will end up on the first slide after the score slide.

If you want multiple branches, you'll need multiple decisions, some with combined conditions. No ELSE parts, so that the decisions are mutually exclusive:

IF cpInfoPercentage is less than ...

Jump to ....

IF cpInfoPercentage is greater or equal to AND

cpInfoPercentage is less than ...

Jump to ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources