• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using MIcrosoft voices I have just added

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate.  I need to develop training using text-to-speech in English and in French (Canadian).  There is only Chloe's voice in French.  I've added the Microsoft Francais (Canada) Language pack in my settings.  But even though I have rebooted the computer and restarted Captivate, I don't have access to Microsoft Claude and Caroline's voices in Captivate.  What else fo I need to do to be able to view them in the droplist of voices available together with the 7 default Captivate voice and microsoft Zira^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Microsoft Francais (Canada) Language Pack doesn't include voices that can be used in Adobe Captivate. Even if you install Claude and Caroline you will only be able to use these voices with Microsoft Narrator (screen reader). The only French voice that is compatible with Adobe Captivate for text-to-speech is Microsoft Hortense (France). Unfortunately, the nuances of French Canadian will be lost with this voice.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Any solutions for French Canadian voices, even through third party?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution is an actual French Canadian speaker but Amazon Polly has a French Canadian voice and can be used for minimal price: https://aws.amazon.com/polly/

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I also need a male voice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's the only one that I know of.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has tried Leo from Neospeech as a Canadian French Male voice?  If so how does it sound?

https://www.newswire.com/news/introducing-leo-neospeech-s-new-male-french-canadian-voice 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The best solution is an actual French Canadian speaker..."

I agree with Paul - it is a little more work to record the narration yourself but personally, I find text to speech to be a real turn off - especially when it is forced on the listener.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources