• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Demo will not play after publishing

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a video demo, saved it as CPVC. I opened a new Captivate (CPTX) and inserted the CPVC video (insert-->CPVC slide-->inserted CPVC thatI created). It will play in Captivate but when I preview in SCORM cloud the video is blank, the remaining slides will present. It's a bit frustrating. 

TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish the cpvc to mp4 from its original source, is it playing as expected?

Which exact version number do you use? Check for the full number under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

the cpvc will only play if it is Captivate, it will not play when published. I am using 11.5.553 version. I am pretty new to this, we just received access a few weeks ago. I have been watching tutorials on YouTube. I cleared my cache (I red that in previous support recommendations). I have the CPVC file as the first "slide" in my project, could this be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created quite a lot of cpvc projects, recently for the Adobe eLearning World Conference where I coached a workshop for Advanced/Shared actions.  Be careful with YT 'tutorials', there are real good ones, but also a lot of crap. Cache clearing will not be of much use in this situation.

Are you using a Retina screen?  Which type of application did you record? When you are in the Video Demo editor, are you able to preview the video? I mean a real Preview, not just playing the timeline. You can open that editor even if you have the cpvc on a slide within a CPTX-project. Since you are new to Captivate, I would recommend to start by creating standalone CPVC-projects, not by inserting cpvc-files in a cptx-project. The cpvc project preferably have the same resolution as the cptx-project for which you want to use them.

You are on a Win system I presume? Did you launch Captivate as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Such great questions that I am certain how to answer 🙂 I think I launched Captivate as an Admin but not certain. I think the work around is publishing the cpvs file as a mp4 and trying to upload. Crossing fingers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do that, but know that the mp4 needs to be loaded when entering the slide which has it embedded. Depending on the size of the mp4 that can take some loading time.

Be sure to embed them as slide video to have them synchronized to Captivate's timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources