• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Playback Unexpectedly Pauses! (In the same place every time)

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am an advanced beginner at Captivate.  I have created a project with two slides that contain video.  The video is sourced from my local computer.  It had been orginally sourced from a Youtube url.  I chose to download it instead because when Captivate was grabbing the url there was a white screen flash (delay) for a several seconds that I could not elimate.  That said, my work around was to have the video come directly from my computer instead.  And that solved the problem.  

In both scenarios though, I have a problem that I cannot resolve.  I am hoping for some guidance.  I have spent hours reading other posts and blogs with no sucessful fix yet.  On both of my video slides, the video automatically pauses by itself.  I certainly did not intentionally tell the video to do that.  Both videos pause in the same exact spot every single time - so it is not random.  The video file is not corrupted nor defective.  It plays beautifully on all other applications and even in "edit mode" of Captivate!  But in preview & publish - it pauses! 

My current understanding is that there may be some place within my timeline or other location, where there is some sort of "invisible to me" command to pause the video.  If this is the case, I just cant find it! 

Thanks in advance for your support to complete this project and others who may aklso be struggling with this.

Jessica

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you inserted the videos as slide video? From the descripton of your problme, suspect indeed that it is linked to a pausing point on the timeline. If there is no pausing point visible on an interactive object timeline, you also have to check the On Enter action: it could contain a Pause with a Delay command. 

If you are not sure about the pausing poins maybe embed a full screenshot of the timeline?  It is weeid that pausing always happens at the same frame, if it was a buffering problem that should not be always at the same frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebuilt the slide from scratch - adding the video first.  It worked with No pauses! Yay.  Then I added one element at a time and previewed it to discover if that element was creating the pause.  It was the buttons! It was the inactive & active break.  Why would that interact with video? Why are they not considered seperate entities? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reason why I asked to SEE the timeline. It could have spared you to recreate from scratch.

Quite a lot of CP users ignore the meaning of pauses and pausing points, have to answer similar questions quite often. Here is one of the many blogs I wrote trying to explain the ins ad outs of Captivate's tmeline:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to understand that the buttons are not interacting with the video.  They're just interacting with the timeline.  Since slide video is nailed to the timeline, that's how the pause behaviour of the buttons seems to affect the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources