• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video - show play bar after first view

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After watching a video once (forced w/ no play bar), I want the play bar to show during subsequent views. I created and assigned a variable "VideoWatched" and gave it a value of 1. I then created a condition, "if video is equal to a value of 1, show playbar." What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 12/2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of video: slide video or not?

Which event do you use for incrementing the user variable? Which event do you use for the conditional interaction? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for your reply.
I believe it is a slide video, but I'm brand new to Captivate (all versions), so I don't have all the jargon down. I used a slide in "Assets."
I don't use any events, and I think that must be the problem. How do I create events?
@kdmemory  Thanks for your input too! I am, in fact, referring to the default playbar. Ideally, I'd love a timeline to show for just the video, but I am unable to find that component. 
I've attached a screenshot of the interactions for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

; &é, because trms were lost or changedcaptivate but even more in I could identify if it is a slide video, if you show me a screenshot of the Timeline, or zxplain exactly which asset you use. Terminology has always been a problem with Captivate but even more now in 12 because terms were changed or lost. But I know that Slide video still exists. Slide video i s synchronized with the Timeline. But beware, the lenght of the bar in the default playbar is for the full project, not for the slide.

You always use an event to trigger an interaction (formerly an action). You used the Slide Enter event to hide the TOC, playbar... You use  bookmark  encounter, which is a frame event to trigger the other interaction. If you read my answer to the other user, you know that the sequence of those events is very important. Where is that bookmark?  

To change the variable (wit what?) you use the On Exit slide event, which has never been a trustworthy event. Did youc heck if Go to Next slide works? AFAIK it doesn't work, as I also learned from other users here as well. 

Which event is triggering the Conditional action is not clear to me, also the On Exit event? I suspect that the problemis linked with that On-Exit event. You leave the slide (if Go to Next Slide is functional).. When you return to the slide however you hide the playbar again because you don't have that conditional action in the On Enter event. That is for sure, you need to move it to the On enter event.

OMG I had vowed never to help with that clumsy use of actions in 12. I have spent weeks exploring the bookmarks, posted a tutorial on the eLearning community 14th of December and it has never been approed, because I compare Captivate Classic and the new version.  You can have a view at my personal blog, this post will befollowed ny several more about the topic, I am really discouraged to try to ehlp the transition.

https://blog.lilybiri.com/bookmarking-in-captivate-classic-and-new-introduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this short answer mean that you cansolve the problem, or does it mean that you did not understand what I wrote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little of both. 🙂 It's not a pressing matter, so I have saved the information for future reference when I can spend the time on it. Can I let you know if I have questions? I very much appreciate your answer. 
Malinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, you can ask more questions. Problem is that so little documentation is around, especially about more advanced toppics like the interactions. Change in terminology doesn't make it easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although those questions Lilibiri is asking you could be important to be answered, generally speaking, what you are missing is that Show Playbar or Hide Playbar in Cp12's interactions dialog under More... does not mean a playbar for a video, neither for a slide video (in the Timeline) or the other type of video (formerly known as event video). What Show/Hide Playbar is concerned with is the default build-in playbar with which a user can select Play, Back, Next to navigate the slides or Mute any sound or display/hide the TOC. Hence if you already use and display this default playbar then your conditional "if video is equal to a value of 1, show playbar" looks like nothing is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kdmemory  Sorry, but that was the reason for my first question: if this is NOT a slide video, the CP playbar makes no sense. Try to read the sequence of my questions, they are important. OP states that there is no playbar in first view. If by playbar he is pointing to the control panel for an event video, that would have been clear from the answer to my first question, because the term 'slide video' is clear in verson 12. 

Question about the events is even important because I have seen hundreds of suestions in the past where wrong events were used for actions/interactions or the eventt sequence was wrong.

I dudb't add the question if the fact that variables are case sensitive was taken into account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources