• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam is Busy when creating a Video Demo

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem using the Adobe Captivate on my Macbook Pro.

Mac System: macOS Catalina 10.15.3(19D76)

Captivate Version: 2019 Release 11.5.4.613

When I start to creat a video demo, it pops up a problem says the Webcam is Busy, but actually I did't use/open any Apps or Any softwares but Captivate. I attached a picture regard the problem I met. 

Webcam is Busy.png

It would be highly appreciated if anybody do knows how to fix this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and technical support tried for an hour to fix it. No luck. Any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the webcam is a USB webcam, did you try unplugging and replugging it?

If it is a webcam on your laptop, you could try removing it in Device Manager and then rebooting your PC again so that the operating system sets up the web cam again plug and play. 

If it is still blocked, some other app or driver must be taking control of the webcam and preventing Captivate from using it.  If on Windows, type the keyword 'camera' into the search bar at the bottom of your screen to ope the Camera app and see if that is able to use the webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. With Adobe technical support we unplugged and re-plugged and still same message. We set up a Guest Accout and no solution. Technical support has now spent 2+ hours and three calls and no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that my USB webcam is the Logitech Brio camera. Captivate says WebCam is busy with Brio unplugged and we are just using the embedded FaceTime camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have Facetime camera and keeps saying the same error message! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with the embedded webcam in my MacBook Pro... What a crap! New feature that doesn't work???

Anyone, any help??? hellooo???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very annoying problem that has been going on for over a year now for me. I just reinstalled everything, Captivate and my system - Catalina. It still doesn't work. It's driving me crazy, especially since it worked so well before. My camera works with Prezi and other screen capture applications. It's about time Adobe came up with a working version of Captivate. It's deplorable given the cost of the application. And please don't tell me to check if another application is using the camera or to allow Captivate to have assess to it via the "security" and compatiblity through my System Preferences! It's already been done and, for even more precautions for the moment, I suspended the access to all the other apps. So find something else, please!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please remember that this is a User Forum and not Adobe Support.  The people here are just users like yourselves.  If you want to berate Adobe, get in touch with them directly.  None of us here are responsible for Adobe's shortcomings with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources