• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the Review Area do in a Quiz?

Advocate ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Review Area do in the Quiz? I notice it is invisible when previewing the Captivate file.

I am using Captivate 8.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Repeating a bit longer: the Review area is used in two situations:

1. On the score or result slide to display the messages Success or Failure, which you define in Quiz Preferences, Settings, Quiz Result Messages.
  2. On the quiz slides to display the message 'Incomplete', which you define in Quiz Preferences, Settings, Quiz Review Messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment on Quiz slide that area is only used for a message when the question has not been (completely) answered. On the score slide it has the message on Success/Failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating a bit longer: the Review area is used in two situations:

1. On the score or result slide to display the messages Success or Failure, which you define in Quiz Preferences, Settings, Quiz Result Messages.
  2. On the quiz slides to display the message 'Incomplete', which you define in Quiz Preferences, Settings, Quiz Review Messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean you can put your Success/Failure responses anywhere you'd like and they will automatically show in the Review Area on your slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, I am NOT a native English speaker, but how can you read this in my answer?

Success/Failure response happens during the quiz, after submitting an answer they will appear during the first step of the Submit process where the slide remains paused. They will appear in the location as visible in the question slide, if you move it, or in the quizzing master slide if you keep that location. This has nothing to do with the Review area.

The Review area is meant for use during Review but is almost completely deprecated because review status is now shown with checkmarks during review. Only in the two situations I mentioned in my first, indicated as being correct, answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources