• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does this square icon with an arrow mean when I play my Captivate 2019 project?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me what the icon in the upper right corner mean?  When I click it while playing my project my screen goes black but with some transparency.  Thank you.

Here is the icon:

arrow.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the project showing the icon.

arrow2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AtiKia9..

The icon in the upper left corner is an Expand Text icon. In responsive projects with Fluid Boxes Captivate places them automatically in Text Captions (upper right) when there's not enough space for the entire text.

Now - this does not always work fully logically. Sometimes the text fits but Captivate still places this icon/button. this happens often in very tight/small fluid boxes where the text just about fits.

In your screenshot the text Understanding Asthma Medications and Devices might be completely visible but there might be an empty line following or the line height of that particular font used is much higher than the available space. When you say, clicking the icon make the screen go black with some transparency - well, there should be at least the text Understanding Asthma Medications and Devices printed in white. That's the task of the Expand Text button to enable users to see the entire text which can't be fully displayed in the regular fluid box layout.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you.  That does make sense I will take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources