• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I insert vimeo video?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - When I try clicking "Interactive Video" and try inserting "slide video" link from vimeo, it says 100% but then sticks til I click cancel. But I am able to insert youtube video just fine.

Here's the vimeo video:

https://vimeo.com/418875088 

Same one is on youtube.

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

Kelly

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please include the version of your software and operating system.

I was not able to finish the process of including the video on the slide. The video seems freely available to access, so it is not the settings in Vimeo. Can you upload yur video again in Vimeo, maybe their process didn't close things correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried to replicate the problem and had the same issues. 

after a long wait I had an error message stating the Captivate encountered an internal error. no other details.

would recommend to test you sertup by trying to connect to another Vimeo video, if that works, I would try to reupload the video to Vimeo and get a fresh link. 

Make sure Captivate is updated to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric. I am updated to the latest version. Still having trouble and would appreciate any suggestions. Here are the things I tried:

1. I was able to insert another vimeo video (not the one I made), and that worked.

2. Then I noticed that mine had a "private" setting. I changed that to "public" / seeable by anyone, and still was not able to insert to captivate.

3. Then I deleted my original video from vimeo, created a new version of the video (slight changes in the visual, different filename), and uploaded that to vimeo.

4. Then I copied the link from the vimeo upload page, and got an error in captivate (Error: either video is private or streaming not available-something like that).

5. Then I went to the actual video in vimeo and noticed that link was different (shorter, a subset of the first link).

6. So I tried inserting that second link to captivate, and got the error: "Vimeo encountered an internal error."

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

Kelly

PS  It's important I use vimeo and not youtube because some of the companies I sell to block youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. My videos were working properly several weeks ago and now I can't get any of them to work with Captivate. I need for it to be an interactive video but didn't even work when I tried to embed it. I was able to pull up other Vimeo videos and they all see to work fine. I'm going to go into the global settings of my Vimeo account to see if there is an issue there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I have the same issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If other Vimeo videos work, we can rule out an issue on their side, and a Captivate glitch.

Unless Vimeo is using a new type of processing on their videos. So older videos would work but new process creates issues.

I will check if Vimeo updated anything recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Old vimeo videos which were working earlier aren't working now!

I tried even this link  https://vimeo.com/329785363 (suggested by captivate in the prompt video)

Intrestingly, the scrom file that I had created earlier still works. (It is able to fetch play the video from vimeo.com with the interactivity from captivate).

But when I try to use the same vimeo video link on captivate now, It doesnt work. It says 100% but then stays still until I click cancel; after that I get error message stating the Captivate encountered an internal error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still unable to insert Vimeo links. Getting the same "internal error" as you. But weirdly, for a new days there, I was indeed able to insert vimeo links. I checked all my vimeo settings and made sure there was nothing unusual there.

Any guesses on whether the issue is from the vimeo side or the captivate side?

I logged a help ticket to vimeo and will share results with this thread. 

In case this issue is on the captivate side, any suggestions on how I log a support ticket? (beyond the help of this community).

Thanks,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been encountering this issue. So far nothing I've tried has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a work around and solved this. 

Before uploading your video on vimeo, ensure that the bit rate and the audio data rate is in line with the recommendations from vimeo. 

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

I was using 1080p video but my video bit rate was less than 10Mbps. 

Fixing it is a little tricky! 

• If you are using adobe premier pro, export the video using the vimeo 1080p preset.
  • If the above doesnt work, then i recommend using movavi to increase the bit rate and the audio data rate

If you are creating a video ensure you change the settings of your camera to vimeo compression guidelines.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this as a help ticket 2-3 weeks ago. They are advising this is a known bug that they hope to have resolved "soon". Bug # CAP-4205271

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update djbiga24? I'm also having issues. Sometimes it works... and sometimes it doesn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared how I have fixed this for me in the previous thread!

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paw20, thanks for sharing your workaround. I haven't had time to test it yet, but will respond once I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue, it seems to be only happening to PC users on my team, not Mac users. Any update on the trouble ticket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jsko, I have no updates. paw20 posted in the thread above with a work around. I have not had time to verify the viability of this solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will definitely try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried this and it still didn't work. I've reached out to the adobe team and as usual I didn't get a response. I'm starting to think the Captivate team only work a few months a year then go off and do something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jimmyshoe85, thanks for taking one for the team and trying the fix from paw20. I had a suspicion that the fix was situationally effective, and not a universal solution. Agreed that the Adobe support on this and other issues has been severely lacking in recent months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources