• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Captivate 2019 is running so slow ONLY when I enter in Template mode.

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My captivate work a bit slow but when I enter in my tmeplate and want to modify something is so slow! Like 5 minutes only to move a thing. It frost and think for 5 minutes. That is so annoying!

Does anyone have this problem?

I have try to close everithing, delete the cache and reopen and it's still slow.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this might be one of these "watching paint dry" moments which I experienced with Captivate 11 (which is otherwise known as Captivate 2019) when I started with the application in 2019. Can you first tell us on which OS (Windows or MacOS) you are working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I use Captivate 2019 and my windows is Windows 10 Entreprise. All my computer is updated and I have captivate 11.5.5.553

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a cptl file, which was the extension for a template file? That outdated feature has become very buggy since version 6. With 6 Themes were introduced, which replace templates for design consistency.  Please post the exact version number you are using (About Captivate in Help or Captivate menu gives you the full version number). Maybe you have missed an important patch? With 11.5 Themes have become more important. Which theme do you use, and was that theme created in the present version?

I would also recommend to clean the Preferences. See:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

It's the template for my slide inside my CPTX file. I don't have the name in english.. probably Main Slide... 

When I enter in this main slide where I have my menu, it's become so slow. 

CathP_0-1700163057240.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il est possible de poser des questions dans la langue de Voltaire... Mais je ne connais pas bien la terminologie dans la version française de Captivate.  Capture d'écran me dit que vous parlez de 'master slide'. Ces diapositives principaux font part du Thème.  'Titre_2' me dit qu'il s'agit d'un Thème qui a été changé. Version 11.5.5 a pas mal de changements dans les Thèmes, est-ce que ce thème a été édité dans cette version ou dans une version antérieure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

c'était la même version du Captivate. Captivate 2019. Mais probablement d'un cptx datant de l'an dernier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sous le nom général 'CP2019' il y a eu 3 versions différentes qui ne sont pas compatibles dans les deux sens: 11.0, 11.5 et 11.8. J'utilise 11.5.5.553 moi-mëme tout le temps sans problèmes.  Quelle est le Theme original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources