• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is my photo very blurry once I publish the project??

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted two photos into my project (Captivate 8.01) and they are both relly blurry once I have published the project. It doesn't matter what format I save it in, still blurry. I have change the pixels in the photo and re-inserted and still nothing.  Any ideas on how to correct the issue?  getting frustrated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

That means you did a lot of rescaling, took my calculator: your original image is 1700x2200px!!! And what is the resolution of your slides? Typical screen resolution is only at 72-96 ppi. And a mobile browser has a typical width of 300-360px...Is the photo taken up all that space, even then it was way too big.

But JPEG is a lossy compression format, which quality did you choose? In Photoshop, rescale your photo to about the resolution you want it to have in Captivate and try with a non-lossy comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? Try to uncheck all compression settings when publishing, and don't check 'scalable html content'. And what was the quality of the inserted image, how did you create that one, which format did you use, which resolution and bit depth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate v8.01. I have re-published the project again unchecking the 'scalable html content' and see a minor difference, but I would be unable to have smaller screen aparatuses (smaller screened laptops) view where as the project is half off the screen now.

the photos are both 8.5 x 11 jpegs at 200dpi. they were both originally pdf's that I used Photoshop to cleanly convert to jpegs. Is this where the issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means you did a lot of rescaling, took my calculator: your original image is 1700x2200px!!! And what is the resolution of your slides? Typical screen resolution is only at 72-96 ppi. And a mobile browser has a typical width of 300-360px...Is the photo taken up all that space, even then it was way too big.

But JPEG is a lossy compression format, which quality did you choose? In Photoshop, rescale your photo to about the resolution you want it to have in Captivate and try with a non-lossy compression like PNG24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Lilybiri!!! 

I used Photoshop to manipulate the size and resolution and then finally converted the photos to a png file. What a huge difference. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again Lily,

Teresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources