• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will/Does Adobe Captivate work on apple macOS Monterey 12.01

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I commit, and after getting stung after the Big sur update and Captivate not working as expected, screen issues/ rendering etc.
Does anyone have any advice on whether I should consider purchasing this product again?
And have all fixes been addressed as prior to this latest Mac Os update, Adobe seemed to be very lapsidasical about giving out any resolution time for a fix.  At which point i had to direct my effort at an alternative product, which wasnt great for my clients.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search this forum for topics about Monterey you will find this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/will-adobe-be-ahead-of-the-game-for-macos-monte...

This indicates Captivate 2019 is not currently compatible with Mac OS Monterery. and there is no timeline (that I have seen) for that situation to be remedied by a patch or new version.

My suggestion is, if you are intending to update to Monterey, do not buy any license of Captivate until Adobe advertises that it is now compatible with that version. 

And even after that you need to accept that as soon as any new Mac OS version comes out, you should NOT immediately upgrade but wait for the inevitable problems that others who DO jump in will encounter.  That's the advice that has been given here for several years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Rod,

For the support and feedback.

Begs the question why not just make it that transparent (i.e - before purchasing why not check out our forums for compatability and or suitablity) on the opening pages of their products, prior to purchase. It seems unfortunately the onus is on the consumer to right the wrongs as it were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, dunno how but Reddit looks to be the place to go for a deep dive.

I havent tried this yet, but this is what Adobe offer as workaround for Adobe Captivate on Big Sur/Monterey and M1 chips. although feedback in the download area doesnt look promising.

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/early-build-adobe-captivate-2019-mac-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you see Monterey in that link? It only says Big Sur. I'm in a similar boat though - I've already upgraded to Monetery and am trying to get Captivate to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new release 11.8 has this mentioned in the release notes:

What changes does the new build contain

The build contains support for Windows 11, macOS Big Sur and Monterey. Also, the build supports M1 chipsets on Mac machines.

However it is at this moment only available for business licenses, individual licenses will be able to upgrade later (January)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to call and upgrade the license ahead of time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does AC work with individual licenses or only business licenses? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is AC? Do you mean Adobe Captivate, its normal acronym is CP.

The most recent versionn 11.8 will be released later, only the business license upgrade has been released in December 2021. You don't need it really if you are not on a Mac, using a M1 chip and/or Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Yes, I was referring to Adobe Captivate. I am using MacOS Monterey and having a lot of trouble with the 2019 build that was released for MacOS bigSur. I guess it's not compatible with Monterey. Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait for the release 11.8. Read the release notes, they tell it should be released for individual licenses this month:

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/release-note/adobe-captivate-11-8-release-notes.html

Some in this thread claim that they could get it through Adobe chat. I am just a user, cannot give you more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@idontknow26  I called them and was able to get a version of the build that's compatible with Monterey for individual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please find the latest version of Captivate ( 11.8 ) compatible with Mac OS big sur & monterey on Intel & M1 chip :-

CP 11.8 intel chip - https://assets.adobe.com/public/8303f22d-388e-4f33-7849-a47340011856

CP 11.8 for Mac M1: https://assets.adobe.com/public/fc6f0158-f536-48ff-4dce-e3164b077676

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivak,

Just to avoid futher confusion, could you please confirm whether the CP 11.8 versions that you have just posted for download and install are the long-awaited ones that are for Individual User Licenses and not just for Enterprise Licenses?

We've all been waiting for these but don't want to go through the pain of installing the update only to find it is not compatible with our individual license or subscription.

Can you please confirm this detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Yes, its compatible with individual subs too.

Thanks,

Shiva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new Macbook M1 Pro in Novemeber 21 and for 3 months now I have not been able to use Captivate 11.5 with Monterey. Been so frustrating and diapointing, Adobe provided no support whatsoever even though i contunue to pay $50 Au a month for a product that no longer works. I have spend hours on chat with Adobe support, and even when I asked for 11.8 they said it was unavailable till Jan, it's now the end of Jan ans still no update via the application.

Your link and install works a treat, I uninstalled 11.5 and installed 11.8 and everything looks to be finally working. I'll need to use it a bit more to be sure but so far so good.

Thanks for posting the link, can't see why an Adobe support person could not have provided this for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at:

Adobe Captivate 11.8 Released - eLearning

It would be nice if Apple warned their users that each new OS release could mess up non-Apple apps. That happens when Windows releases an update. Until now only one update of Windows has caused issues with Captivate, with Apple OS that happens all the time, and not only with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, received an email from dropbox yesterday warning that the new update from apple monterey 12.1 to 12.2 will break active sync. From what I can ascertain from using get info on MACOS captivate 11.8 is still native intel code, which suprrises me given that apple silicon has been out since Nov 2020. I guess like most things one one party is never wholey to blame, seems in this situation though the user is left in the lurch.  I have been an active user of Captivate in the EDU space since the early 2000's, when Macromedia owned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromedia never released a Mac version. Articulate tried to create a Mac version for StoryLine but gave up.... that tells something about the difficulties caused by ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with DB is for the upcoming MacOS 12.3, if you have another look at the email: 

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

So now that I have Cp working for 12.2, I just turned auto-updates off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed working on Monterey here (Intel); Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone tried it with 12.2 Monterey, I am not game to update given my recent experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated to 12.2 over the weekend, had to uninstall using the Cp uninstaller in the 2019 folder, did a rebbot for good measure, then installed this version; working on a project now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.2, CP 11.8.0.710

I am having problems.

When I save a captivate file and try to load it again, load goes to 50% then spins forever. (A similar problem has happened in the past...)

Also, layout preview is a mess:

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 1.40.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the exact version number as can be found under Help, About Captivate.

For Monterey you need version 11.8. Have a look at:

Adobe Captivate 11.8 Released - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources