• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X in text entry box

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Captivate 8 & IE 11 and have uploaded a course that contains a text entry box.  When the user begins typing into the text box - the large X displays taking half of the space of the text box.

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

The X appearing is specific to HTML publishing and viewing the file in IE. My initial impression when I saw the same thing was that it's the TEB indicating that what is being typed is incorrect, but it's actually a button to clear the text. Not very intuitive, but if you check the option "Show Scrollbar" the X won't appear. Enabling the scrollbar also means that text starts at the top of the TEB and will wrap inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, never did see that

Can you check the exact version number? If it ends with 145, could you install the patch (Window, Updates)? Of course I'm not sure it will help, but let us start with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilibiri,

I am using Captivate 8.0.1.242 and IE 11.0.9600.17843CO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the updated version. Did you try in another browser? Is this SWF or HTML output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The X appearing is specific to HTML publishing and viewing the file in IE. My initial impression when I saw the same thing was that it's the TEB indicating that what is being typed is incorrect, but it's actually a button to clear the text. Not very intuitive, but if you check the option "Show Scrollbar" the X won't appear. Enabling the scrollbar also means that text starts at the top of the TEB and will wrap inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also eliminate the X by using CSS.  Open the index.html file in notepad and add the following just above the <script> tag:

<style>

::-ms-clear {

display:none;

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources