Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 3 Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

we have Adobe Captivate 3.0.0.630 that has been installed on a Windows XP SP2 machine for about a month. We have this PC as well as all others locked down so that a normal user cannot install or remove any software or do much to the system that might cause it to fail unless they have admin rights. During the first two weeks or so of the installation it had been running fine. We installed it as an admin user and then the real user was able to run the application using his own profile. Now however, the application will not load. It crashes during the Splash Screen at the point where it is copying first run data. To allow it to run you must use the RunAs feature, this is fine but we then run into another problem where Captivate will only record one slide of 3 seconds no matter how long you leave the recording running.

I have tried many things from this forum in an attempt to rectify the problem, but all has failed.

Hopefully someone can help.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Robert

What happens if you log in as an admin? Any difference in behavior if you do?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged in as Administrator on local machine no problems.

Logged in as Admin equivalent user used for the install also has no problems.

Made the user a member of the Administrators group and gave them Admin rights thru network policy. Adobe still crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

One of my users is experiencing the same exact issues that Robert described below. We have the latest version of Captivate installed (v3.0.1 build 589) and it *used* to open under their profile just fine but now it crashes at "Copying First Run Files...". I don't think it's a permissions issue as this user's account has *always* been in the local administrators group. If I login as any other user, my domain admin account or an account that never logged in on the machine before, I can get Captivate to open without a problem. If I'm logged in as the user who's having the problem and use the "Run As..." option I can get it to open but as Robert said it only records for 3 seconds or so.

I've tried the following to no avail:
1) Completely removing / reinstalling Captivate 3
2) Delete user profile and re-create a new one
3) Delete adobe captivate preferences file (C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate\captivate_v30.dat)

I'm personally stumped and would love some feedback from Adobe Support on this one.

Additional info:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 3GB

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Andrew

You said: I'm personally stumped and would love some feedback from Adobe Support on this one.

Unfortunately, Adobe Support rarely posts here or monitors these forums. You should consider contacting support directly for this. Their link is at the bottom of this web page (assuming you are viewing the forums via the web interface). In case you aren't, the link is: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources