Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio issues with IE from a Captivate module

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

We encounter an strange issue when publishing Captivate module in HTML5. Our Captivate files include  regular audio files and audio "smartshapes" ; we noticed that the problem happens with the smartshapes in IE.

When testing it in Chrome, the module perfectly works from the beginning to the end ; but when testing it in IE, the audio (from smartshapes) stops after a few seconds, then the next audio smartshapes begins and again, stops after a few seconds, and it is the same with all the smartshapes. 

Nonetheless, we've checked the native Captivate file and the smartshapes are correctly placed in the timeline, no one is placed in conflict with another. Has anyone encountered the same issue and found a solution for that ?

Many thanks for your help,

Benedicte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of the timeline please? I suspect you are talking about slide audio and object audio? Object audio plays when the object appears and stops when it disappears. Is the length of the shape's timeline at least as big as the length of the audio clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri​, thanks for your quick answer.

The first type of audio is an mp3 file (VS audio smartshapes), and I think the mp3 has been cut in several parts, playing depending on the slides we are in.

Here is a screenshot of the Captivate file that has been produced for us :

Screenshot Captivate audio issues.PNG

So you're saying that maybe, we'd have to cut off our smartshapes before the next one begins in the timeline, that's it ?

Many thanks,

Benedicte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another screenshot including mp3 file :

Screenshot 2 Captivate audio issues.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? Totally new to audio? MP3 is the compressed version of a raw WAV audio clip. That has no relation whatsoever with the audio types in Captivate:

• Background audio
  • Slide audio (you have a very short audio clip as slide audio)
  • Object audio, which is audio attached to an object, You have several of those linked to staggered shapes.  Do you really want them to play at the same time? Or are they also very short like the slide audio?
  • Audio triggered by the Play Audio command

All those audio clips will be found in the Library. Because Captivata allows editing of the audio file, you should import WAV-files, because only those can be edited. If you import a mp3 file, which is the compressed version, it will be expanded to a WAV file by Captivate. On publishing all assets, included audio clips, are compressed to a lower file size. For audio that will lead to mp3 files.

SInce you are publishing to HTML5 you have to know that IE is a browser that will support HTML5 in a very limited way. If you want a MS browser, please switch to Edge, because IE is not further developed and Edge has been pushed as replacement.

I probably could offer a more practical way for your audio clips, avoiding those very long slide timelines. Which version do you use, please? Tell me what you want to achieve, a multistate object with audio on each state, combined with a While loop would be a much practical workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

Thanks for your detailed explanations. Indeed I'm totally new to Captivate and I'm testing files that were built by someone else.

I'm using Captivate 2019, unfortunately we don't have choice regarding the use of IE for our clients who are based in Korea (the most used browser there).

If you have any idea of the actions I could do to fix this problem, please let me know.

Many thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Je vois maintenant que vous utilisez la version française

Recommendation: remplacez ce dia par des dias en séquence et utilisez seulement l'audio de diapo, pas de l'audio attaché à des objects. Utilisez un audio clip par dia, il est possible d'extendre la durée d'un object sur plusieurs diapositives, en utilisant le 'Timing Properties Panel', durée pour le reste du projet. Pour le diapo suivant la séquence, vous pouvez les dissimuler avec le 'Hide' command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources