• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back button on a PDF to go back to my iPad App

Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a responsive project in CP8 used phonegap to package it as an app and have some problems.

one is that I have many PDF files that are opened locally (in the calles folder). Opening them is not an issue. The problem is when I need to navigate back to the app. It appears there is no way of actually closing the pdf file without also closing the app and since the iPad does not have a back button its becoming an issue. Does anyone know how I can back to the app from the PDF document?

Second it appears that the responsiveness of the project ends when it is packaged into an app. Since the iPad does not open a browser all adaptability is lost and the project sits on the top of the iPad screen and the bottom 20% of the screen is blank.

I managed to move the project to the center of the screen by adding

document.body.innerHTML = " <div class='cpMainContainer' id='cpDocument' style='left: 0px; top:80px;' >

This also moves the TOC expander icons but the actual TOC still opens from the top left corner which I already know Apple is not going to approve.

Does anyone know how to fix either or both issues

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have attempted to create a go back button with the following code suggested in the Javascript for Acrobat API Reference and it seems to work on everything but mobile (iOS/Android):

app.goBack();

My assumption is that there is a security issue with storing page history to memory on mobile platforms. Is there a workaround that would allow a button to go to what Acrobat calls "Previous View"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources