Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can captivate light up images?

Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can captivate do this?  Imagine a picture of a body.  As the user hovers the mouse over a body area, other areas of the body light up, showing red for pain patterns and dots for trigger point locations.  (Trigger points are bunched up muscles that cause pain in other muscles; the client is a massage therapy school.)   Ideally visual and textual info would display to indicate the order in which to work on the muscles. This would also allow the user to click to select a specific muscle and/or drag the muscle into a different area to save for later as a treatment plan, including the priority order selected.

If captivate cannot do this, what would be the closest it could come?  I imagine Flash could?  But I don't know Flash and am not sure how long it would take to learn-I developed java before and was terrible at it.  Would an alternative be to learn to develop in Captivate?  How long would that take? (hours)

Thanks very much in advance!

Kelly

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2010 Feb 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Think it would be possible in CP, using rollover images or slidelets (for combination of image+text), variables, advanced actions (only in CP4) and a lot of image assets. What do you use for creation of the images? If it is Photoshop and you are using CP4, the possiblity to import layered PSD's could help a lot. I do not know what your present experience with CP is?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily -

Thanks.  I'm using Captivate 4 and have spent about 4 hours learning it.  I'm

also using Photoshop (very beginner level).  Would you have a recommendaton for a really good Captivate tutorial that covers the items you mentioned?

Thanks again,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

4 hours is not a lot of time, even less for Photoshop?

Are you looking for free tutorials? I could recommend the recording of a webinar by R. Jacquez:

http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2009/07/adobe_captivate_4_for_new_user.html

There are some video tutorials on

http://bit.ly/d9vN7m

But to be honest: to achieve what you want you'll not find one tutorial that will resolve all at once. Captivate seems to be rather simple, but if you want to realize what you did describe it needs more than a couple of hours of experience. The moderator of this forum, Captiv8r, always says 'Captivate is deceptively simple'. It is great tool (just like Photoshop) and is worthwhile to spend time learning about it.

Hope I did not discourage you, if you have more questions, do not hesitate.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources