Highlighted

Can I jump to a particular page using the back button in the control bar?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Captivate file using a PowerPoint file. Slide 9 contains a menu. Each menu item opens up a series of pages (contained in slide 10-21). When the last topic on the menu page has been explore, the course navigates from the menu on Slide 9 to a Knowledge Check slide (slide 22). However, if once I'm on Slide 22, when I click the Back button in the control panel, I get sent to the last slide in the last topic (slide 21). I want to go back to the menu on slide 9. Is there a way change the navigation for the Back button for just slide 22? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I jump to a particular page using the back button in the control bar?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Captivate file using a PowerPoint file. Slide 9 contains a menu. Each menu item opens up a series of pages (contained in slide 10-21). When the last topic on the menu page has been explore, the course navigates from the menu on Slide 9 to a Knowledge Check slide (slide 22). However, if once I'm on Slide 22, when I click the Back button in the control panel, I get sent to the last slide in the last topic (slide 21). I want to go back to the menu on slide 9. Is there a way change the navigation for the Back button for just slide 22? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2016 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in this case you will need to create your own navigation controls to do something that advanced.

Paul

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2016 1
New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would one create their own navigation bar? Is it difficult?

Thanks,

Kathleen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not be possible (unless you have a very good programmer) to realize this goal with the default playbar at all. Use custom navigation buttons. Control panel (normally labeled 'playbar') doesn't allow that kind of control.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2016 1
Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should work for HTML5, it can be done for swf also. Place the script in the head of the index.html.

var interfaceObj, eventEmitterObj;

window.addEventListener( "moduleReadyEvent", function( e )
{
interfaceObj = e.Data;
eventEmitterObj = interfaceObj.getEventEmitter();
    initializeEventListeners();
});

function initializeEventListeners()
{
if ( interfaceObj )
{
     if ( eventEmitterObj )
  {
         eventEmitterObj.addEventListener( "CPAPI_SLIDEENTER", function( e )
   {
    if ( window.cpInfoCurrentSlide == 21 && window.cpInfoLastVisitedSlide == 21 )
    {
     window.cpCmndGotoSlide = 8;
    }
            });
  }
}
}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2016 0
Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. I published the file as SWF/HTML5, and Captivate generated a folder with all the course files. However, it did not generate an index file. (At  least I don't see one in the folder -- Could it be because I'm working on a Mac instead of a PC?)  There is a .js file, and I tried adding the code to that, but that didn't work either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2016 0
Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That example was for HTML5 only. Your implementation would require some modification and be inserted in both the swf and html5 launch pages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2016 0