• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set variables as answers in Captivate?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I want to set my quiz answer to the variables of my choice, like they can be like this, but when I set them up and go to quiz, it says that I must have the correct answer. It doesn't consider the variable's value.

I want my variable's value to be read as answer. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this done in Captivate. The field in the interface where you specify the correct answer (against which the learner's answer will be compared) does not allow you to enter a variable as the correct answer.

You might be able to set up a custom question slide using a Text Entry Box where the answer is validated via a Conditional Advanced Action.  But then it won't be a standard quiz question slide, and you'd need to rig up another way for the scoring to be counted as part of the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The given answer for each question type will be stored in cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice but that is a reused variable, If you want to keep if safe you can transfer it to a user variable. Have a look at:

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog

If you want to create a custom short answer question, because the validating options are very limited for the default type, here is the link to another post where I showed such a custom question:

Custom Short Answer Question - Captivate blog

It was created wit an older versino of CP, but the Scrolling Text interaction is still available in CP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources