• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cap 9 long pause after drag and drop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my module's D&D, there is a delay over 5 seconds.   I reduced the "Pause After" time to .1   The feedback on success and failure is only 3 seconds, and pause lasts longer than the feedback messages!  I don't want to loose the feedback by adding a "go to the next slide" action on success or failure.  Any thoughts on how to remove the pause?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Maybe you ignore that D&D slides automatically pause at 1.5 seconds. That pausing point is NOT visible on the slide timeline as is the case for quiz slides. Instead of what you did, decreasing that time, you should INCREASE it. Pausing point means that the playhead will pause at that point. If your Success/Last Attempt (it is not a Failure action, wrong term) are set to Continue, all the frames after the pausing point need to be visited before reaching the next slide. How long is the D&D slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you ignore that D&D slides automatically pause at 1.5 seconds. That pausing point is NOT visible on the slide timeline as is the case for quiz slides. Instead of what you did, decreasing that time, you should INCREASE it. Pausing point means that the playhead will pause at that point. If your Success/Last Attempt (it is not a Failure action, wrong term) are set to Continue, all the frames after the pausing point need to be visited before reaching the next slide. How long is the D&D slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not follow why increasing the the D&D pause time decreases the pause when produced, but it did work! Yay! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That means you need really to try to understand the Timeline, because you will bump into many problems if that is not the case. I have been writing several blog posts about it. Have a look at the most important one:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Believe me, that is the number one stumbling block for most Captivate users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources