• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019: Background music won't play

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t get any background music, exporting to HTML I cannot see that I am doing something wrong and feel I’ve tried everything.

In audio menu, I choose Import to and Background. Then I import a music file, choose Loop and volume. Then save and close,           That’s it. That’s all. Am I doing something wrong? The music won’t even play on the first slide.

Thanks

Jan

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hi

I found the problem. I use a routine that bypass the first page with the start icon. I found it here and it works fine and is very useful. However, when I removed it, therewere no problems with the background music.Thanks for your help anyway.

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test please? Did you use F11, Preview HTML in Browser? Or did you test after publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your answer to my posting. I have tried both previewing in HTML5 browser and publishing and running in browser (firefox).

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. I never use background music, because narratives are so much more important. Do you have any other audio in that course ? If yes, is that audible when Previewing with F11?

Can you check in the Preferences, Project, Publishing that  Include audio is checked?

IncludeAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help, but I am afraid the problem was not this, the audio was on. I think I have tried everything. I discobered something very strange. The background music won' syatym but when I go to a leter page with other audio working and then go back , the background music starts. Strane - no background music on page 1.9, but shen audio starts on slide 10 and go to slide 9, the background music starts and is there on all the slides, back to the first.

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your mother tongue... there is some gibberish in the last comment.

Looks like that slide 10 has something special. It could be a corruption in that file. Do you have a lot of advanced actions? If not, copy/paste the slides in small bunches to a new project using the same theme and resolution. It should allow you to find the culprit, if you test after each paste operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sorry about the gibberish, I am Norwegian, but that shouldn't mean a lot of gibberish. Anyway, I will try what you suggested,

Thanks

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the wrong keyboard setup, often happens to me as well (I am Flemish). Look at your previous comment.

"won' syatym but when I go to a leter page "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found the problem. I use a routine that bypass the first page with the start icon. I found it here and it works fine and is very useful. However, when I removed it, therewere no problems with the background music.Thanks for your help anyway.

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That explains the problem, background music starts on the first slide. It is like an object timed for the rest of the project, if you prevent it from appearing on the first slide it will never appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources