• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11)

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We've released an early build for Big Sur that fixes the issues that Captivate users are facing. For more details, read this post

Does Captivate work on Big Sur?

Adobe Captivate (2019 release) is NOT COMPATIBLE with Big Sur.

If you launch Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11), the project editor becomes unusable.

We are working on making Captivate (2019 release) to be compatible with Big Sur. 

Meanwhile, you can review the current system requirements for Captivate.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 158 Replies 158
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So long as your Mac doesnt have the M1 chip you should be ok... get in touch with support, they will provide you with a version that should work. I believe its still a beta version, hence it not being released yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this is now getting beyond a joke, We pay a subscription for Captivate, we should be getting regular updates to the softwarse not just silly avitars and ways to try and convince you to use Adobe Stock

I am moving to Big Sur on Jan 1st becuse all the other sofwtare I use has been updated, if Adobe has not got its act together by then then not only will I be cancelling my subscription and my creative cloud subscription but so will all of my team.

Adobe pull your finger out, get it done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much for Thanksgiving...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update for Captivate BigSur has been released. Kindly contact the customer support for the link. You will need to uninstall the existing captivate the install the captivate for BigSur

So contact customer support Now. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this great news! I'll do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading it now, was sent the link by support. https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/262e610a-2e6c-43c0-7e31-663ab4ab7b96 

Will let you all know how it went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys..it seems to work. First download from here https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/262e610a-2e6c-43c0-7e31-663ab4ab7b96  . It takes ages. Once finished, you will have to decompress the file in terminal, its too big for the Archive Utility - unzip Cp_BigSur.zip - Remember to uninstall the previous version first. I have installed it and it appears to be working correctly. I will do full testing tomorrow though. At bloody last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. Working ok here. Will be transferring work hobbled together on PC back to the Mac workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're all in the same boat. Just glad this nightmare is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ... thank you for your great commitment. I downloaded it and can't link it to my subscription. is there a trick to add?

The support said that this version would not exist ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its best you contact support for that. Its probably you're installation config that wrong. I would leave that to an expert in case you make the problem worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing! HUGE help for those of us who have been dead in the water with our Mac's ever since Big Sur came out and all the sudden we are suprised that we can't actually do our job. Appriciate the updates!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just on chat with Adobe customer service.  They indicate the build is for evaluation purposes, not for production. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evaluation will work for me as I currently have no working version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news for an update regarding Big Sur? The early build does unfortunately not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobKerb,

What issues are you facing with the early build? Could you please share your email id at saghosh@adobe.com so that we can look into the issue?

As far as the update is concerned, we are still working on the update.

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The build worked great.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be an option like this for Captivate 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe, but based on previous experience I can tell you that the answer is most likely going to be: NO.  If you want to upgrade your iOS to Big Sur you will also need to upgrade your Captivate version to 2019 and install the updates Adobe is working on for Big Sur compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 was not even compatible with Catalina.. Contact Adobe support and they will give you a link to the working build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

--
Thanks,
*Jamie Cyphers*
[URL removed by moderator]PEC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the new build be able to go backwards compatable to the standard Captivate 2019 if I have team members who are still on an earlier Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've really tried to persist with Captivate over the years, loving the relative ease of creation of responsively designed content. 

However for the past few months I've been unable to access any of the content created in Captivate 2019 on my Mac (and not I haven't upgraded to BigSur yet. 

The benefits that were there years ago aren't advanteages any more, the reliance on flash when this has been retired, the tired old user interface and the enormous complexity of doing simple things... I'm done.

It may be more powerful, but in terms of day to day usability i can no longer justify the effort and so me and my team will join the groiwing number of users of a competitive more articulate web-based soluition that always works on my mac and anyone can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on Adobe's fix for Mac OS Big Sur users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources