• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 will not install once downloaded.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with installing Adobe Captivate 2019. I have successfully downloaded it, however, it freezes after I select the location where to extract the files to. The point where it freezes has the message "Preparing files. Please wait while the downloaded files are being extracted." I have uninstalled all trial versions and have restarted my computer multiple times.

Cheers

TOPICS
Editing , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear cache and clean preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joey,

I have sent you an email. Please reply to my email so we can check the issue at your end.

Regards
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a resolution to this please Ashish?

I've got a similar issue and the Adobe call centre couldn't suggest a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have full administrator rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri! thanks for the response!

I've tried pretty much every combination of the below;

1. Cleared project cache
  2. Logged on Via AD as user / local admin / domain admin / some other local account adobe wanted set up
  3. Extracting from the .zip as user / local admin / domain admin. (tried all of this both locally and on network drive)
  4. Opening setup.exe as admin, and as user - Tried from C:, from network drive and from desktop (although we use roaming desktop so technically another network drive)
  5. I've used the links that appeared in captivate, and the ones sent to me by the Servicedesk.
  6. I've tried all combinations of the above with the additional assets and voice packs not installed, and then again with them installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems Adobe support are out of ideas.. they missed multiple callbacks that they have arranged with me and keep emailing asking me to mark the call as resolved. Awesome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, tried everything. Just hangs on Setup.exe start. I have full Admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similarly .... new install ... expands files ... enter adobe id ... then hangs. No disk / memory activity etc against the installer.... just hangs with a blank page.

Adobe ... do you have any guidance as first impression not great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expanding the files is only the first part of the installation process.  There should be a folder on your desktop with the installation files inside.  If you can find that folder, try executing the setup exe from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, the issue is past that point in the process. When run, Setup.exe is hanging under certain circumstances. (I suspect windows 10 compatibility - Is anyone experiencing this on a Mac or other windows versions?)

After Adobe trying time and time again to close my call, they have this morning finally acknowledged that there is an issue with their installer (setup.exe) and this is with their product team for resolution. It appears that this issue is fairly common as they are now getting more calls relating to it.

I'll keep everyone updated once I find a solution or get Adobe confirmation of resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

thanks for that .... running from the desktop setup program has already been  ... it puts up the prompt for the adobe id and then hangs. Have tried multiple ways ... all result in the same outcome. We are using Windows 10, so will see the link customer care link provided by the staff member as it looks like a setup / win10 issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard and CumbAdmin

That's the problem here. The files expand, I start setup.exe from the expanded folder (as Admin), and it just hangs. I have to kill the process (after a day of letting it sit idle - no cpu/memory/disk activity). All other software (Microsoft, ESRI, AutoDesk) or Adobe updates/installs work fine, so pretty sure not a firewall issue.

I'm on a PC, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD for software. Have never had an issue like this.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have a solution available for installation issue with Adobe Captivate 2019. Please connect with us using the link below:

Contact Customer Care

Regards

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to share, as your link does not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish,

Could you please make the information you have made available to the forum users. I have tried your link but does not send me to any pertinent information. You go round in a loop and ultimately back to the forum without being able to contact customer services.

Either placing the information here in the forum or a link to a page containing the information would be most helpful. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be only a setup issue for certain instances of Windows 10 because there are lots of people on this forum running Win 10 that have already installed Captivate 2019.

Perhaps the issue is related to a conflict with certain drivers or other software apps.  In any case, Adobe seems to be onto it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send us an email at tcssup@adobe.com with your contact details. We will connect with you and help with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to download the 2 fixes at home (couldn't get them through the firewalls at work) ... Have applied the first set-up fix and this has resolved the issue for us. Captivate now installed. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these 2 fixes?  Can you share them please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the issue by downloading it at home instead of work. My colleague and myself had the same issue. It must not be downloading fully at work (even though it says it is).

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a firewall issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this post will help someone else with the same issue. I had to contact support in order to get this link. It is a working copy of the "Set-up.exe" zipped for you to download, unzip and replace the original in the extracted files location. https://adobe.ly/2ppFMDa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just faced the same issue after having bought and downloaded the 2019 version 2 days ago.

Thanks to this thread, I was finally able to install the software I have paid for 🙂

@Adobe people: what are you waiting for to fix your setup package???

Edit: After having installed CP2019 successfully, I am now facing  the same issue described in this thread when I try to get the update (Help/Check for Updates).

Unfortunately, in that situation I do not see any way to replace the Set-up.exe file 😞

@Adobe people: please provide a fix!

I am using a corporate Lenovo L560 laptop with Win7 64 running on a SSD + McAffee EndPoint Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources