• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 3.0 settings

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2007 Aug 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from 2 to 3. In version 2, my default text caption type was "yellow two." In version 3, it is no longer an option in the Edit/Preferences/Default window. Is there a way to make "yellow two" one of the options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdrienneS

LOL, I was just wondering when this might crop up. Here's what you need to do. Close Captivate. Then open Windows Explorer. Navigate to where Captivate is installed. Assuming you haven't changed any of the defaults when installing, you should locate the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 3\Gallery\Captions

Notice that when you look inside this folder, you see another folder named "More". Inside the "More" folder are additional caption types. Copy all the Yellow Two files from the More folder to the Captions folder. Then restart Captivate.

This next bit may be tricky. Here's the deal. After you restart Captivate, see if you find the caption listed. It's possible that you won't. If you don't see it listed, try closing Captivate again and opening the Captions folder. Note that all the captions that were here to begin with have associated .FCM files where the extension is all upper case. Note that the Yellow Two captions have .FCM files ending in lower case (.fcm). I'm told by the developers that renaming the file so that .fcm is .FCM shouldn't be needed. But I would swear that I had to change .fcm to .FCM before Captivate would finally list the captions for me to choose from.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thank you for your help. It worked! And I didn't have to change the file extensions to upper case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is funny... I wonder why they didn't just include them all in the folder to begin with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi dchilder

I believe it was done to improve load time for Captivate as well as possibly overall lessening the strain on system resources. This would be akin to having gobs of fonts installed in Windows. Eventually it will slow things down, as Captivate has to keep track of all those Captions and Buttons.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources