Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8: two windows open when clicking on URL Link

Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish in Captivate and have a button for the learner to click on to access an external site two windows are populating - one is a blank window that sits on top of the actual URL link that I want them to go to.  We use IExplorer 8 here.  What can I do to prevent this from happening?  Any fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try changing the IE setting: "When a pop-up is encountered:" from Internet Option -> General -> Tabs(Tabbed browsing Settings) to "Always open Pop-ups in new tab" and check if it still opens two tabs or just one.

Are you using a hyper-link text or an Action to open the url?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing that setting does allow the module to function properly. Of course directing all users of this training to do the same would be quite cumbersome. It's a button with an "On Success" action set to open an URL or file. It's an external link and I've chosen "New" from the dropdown. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a similar scenario on IE8 but I couldn't reproduce the issue. Seems to be project specific or maybe related to Some browser setting. Could you please try the output on some other browser and check if it works? If not, I request you to please share the slide for investigation purpose. My email id is aren@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it in Chrome and it worked as expected. Perhaps then it is a IE8 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources