Captivate login Issues after getting the Adobe Account Access App?

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Friday, I noticed a message in the Adobe Creative Cloud app suggesting to get the Adobe Account Access app for faster Adobe login and better account security. I installed it on my mobile device and when I launched the app it gave me a code to put in to my desktop prompt for it. Everything in Creative Cloud has done fine. However, when I launch Captivate, it now gives me the login prompt asking for my seriel number. I know from seeing that once before that an uninstall and reinstall of the Creative Cloud app fixes this, but not this time. I have also tried restarting my computer. I suspect that maybe Adobe might not have given the Captvate deveopers the memo about this app and it is breaking my credentialing. Has anyone else had issues logging in since installing that Adobe app so I can either confirm it or know it must be something else and to keep searching for a solution?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am always hesitant to install 'new' things... also this very annoying popup, when seeing the mess in that now 1.5 years old new forum platform. You may be completely correct, it is very possible that it only works for CC applications but not for the other apps (not only Captivate but also Framemaker, RoboHelp...). 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case others come to this forum post with the same issue. I did end up uninstalling and re-installing Captivate. All was well after that. I did decide to keep the Adobe secure sign on app in place since I was concerned that merely uninstalling that would then mess up my access to CC. The reinstall of Captivate did not balk that it was active.

If you are curious about the security app, essentially if you open up an Adobe CC product and you need to sign in, you automatically get a message in the app. You can just click the message and it auto signs you in without the need for entering your password. Since the message will even show up on a locked phone, you can even click without signing in to your phone. I assume that if your phone is not with you, lost, or stolen you can still sign in with your password.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines