• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate TEB help

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me figure out how to get rid of an image that is appearing in my project but not showing anywhere in the timeline.

I have no idea how it got there and how to get rid of it.

TEB issue.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen other users reporting similar issues. It should be a Text Entry Box that has been deleted on a previous slide? I never had that problem myself. Is the Submit button appearing only on one slide, and after publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. Yes it is only on one slide  and does appear after publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I would delete that slide, and recreate it. Never did see a one-solution approach to this type of phenomenon, difficult if you cannot reproduce it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled in a powerpoint deck that was already created and added narration to it. So do you mean remove the narration and the additional graphics I added after the import? I have to step away from my project for a meeting so I will check back in after I come back. Thank you again for your help. I did notice a different post with appears to be a similar issue and as I scroll through the timeline I cannot find the image appear at all to even "cut" the timeline spot that contains the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains why I never experienced the problem since I never use PPT as start for a Captivate project.

Both narration and graphics are in the Library.  Is it that difficult to recreate the slide without using an imported PPT slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My marketing team gets the deck after I build the materials and adds the proper branding (colors, fonts, logo's, etc.) before I get it. I am not sure I would be able to create that right within the captivate software from the start.

I was able to delete that specific slide, select edit presentation which opened the original file in ppt., then select save and the project recognized the slide deleted coming back in from the original deck and asked if I wanted it added to the project. I chose yes and wallah...I just had to narrate that one slide over and done. no more weird image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't have to redo the narration, the first audio clip was still in the Project Library, even though you had deleted that slide. Really you need to start learning something about Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I understand I need to learn the software. I am new to the software and that is why I am asking the question . You don't learn if you don't ask. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will review the links you provided. Thank you again for your time today with this issue. I have been basically thrown this software and asked to use it and produce material amongst many other daily tasks so I am in self learn mode. I will do my best to learn before getting stuck and ask. In the interest of time balance I may at times end up asking questions that probably have already been asked in this forum.

Anyways, thank you again and enjoy your evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources