Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP4 Reviewer Comments

Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to explore the Review/Comments feature for my team to utilize this feature. At one point, I could see a dot in the timeline where a comment was added but I cannot see them now. How do I get them back?

In the Filmstrip, a caption icon appears wherever a comment was added. You'd think that clicking on that icon would take you to the comment, but it puts a "ghostbusters" icon on top of it and greys it out in the Comments list. Does this feature "hide" comments? It's not intuitive because I'm sure others have assumed that this opens the comment. What is the purpose of this clickable icon in the Filmstrip?

The Adobe Help says to go to Window > SWF Comment to opent the SWF Commenting panel. I don't have this option. Also, there's not a lot of instruction in the Adobe Help for this tool.

Last thing: the name of the Editing thread in the Adobe Captivate main forum page is spelled wrong. "Editiing"

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please forward any suggestions to the development team via the Wish Form. (Link is in my sig).

So it would appear the help is a bit off. I think that would likely be the first time in recorded history there was an inaccuracy in a help system!

Do you see a "Comments" item when you click the Window menu?

My own guess here is that at some point during the development cycle the menu option actually read SWF Comments. But later the developers changed that and the change wasn't properly conveyed to the person responsible for authoring the help.

I do believe clicking the icon in the film strip allows you to hide or show the comments for the slide in question.

SWF Commenting is a new area with this release, which probably explains why there isn't much info on it yet. If you can please submit a Feature Request or add to the Community Help it would be helpful. If you add to the Community Help, it will be there for the help developer to see.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed the typo.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got another question for you.

I imported comments from 3 people and while I was workign on those, a 4th reviewer sent their xml file over. I tried to import it using the icon from the Comments window and from the File > Import > Comments. Both times I get this error message: "Comment file cannot be imported as it does not match with project settings."

Can you only import comments once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's me again...

Any idea how to get the little dots back onto my timeline? I liked seeing them there in case multiple reviewers had comments on the same slide.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources