Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

customized feedback per question in Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen a ton of videos and pages on fancy ways to add feedback and images to quizzes. I'm just looking for a way to have one feedback message for a correct, and one feedback message for all incorrect answers for each particular question. I don't have the options I see in other videos -- they are either greyed out or the interface is different. I can't imagine this isn't a standard option. I attached a screenshot of my slide quiz panel. I have Captivate 2019.

Something I'm trying is to create a caption with multiple states -- correct and incorrect -- and associate it through some Advanced Action to a user selecting either a correct or incorrect answer. I created the caption but don't see a way to associate it. How do people handle this basic funcionality? Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It helps if you tell the exact version number you are using.

Feedback messages have a default text which you can edit in the Quiz Preferences, Defaults. 

However it is perfectly possible to edit the text on each individual quiz slide, whether it is in a pool or not. Do not look for the messages in the Quiz Properties panel. Of course you can use advanced actions, but if you just want a dedicated text it is not necessary.

For the type MCQ, one correct answer you could also use the Advanced Answer functionality, where you can have a dedicateed feedback text for each individual answer, correct or incorrect. But understood that  you don't need that. Only edit the Correct and the Incorrect message. 

Have a sequence of 11 blogs about quizzes in the eLearning Community. Here are two links:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/03/captivates-quizzes-4-preferences/

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-1-images-feedback/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources