• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit "Post Results" dialog box message?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My quiz is set to report results to my internal server (custom configuration option). As a result, the quiz result slide has a "Post Results" button. When users click this button, a "Post Results"  dialog window appears.I would like to change the message shown to give the user more helpful information about what happens when he clicks "Send" (since the quiz will call a custom php script that does more than just post results).

Any way to customize the Post Results window? I am using Captivate 6

Thanks

post_results.png

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. You cannot change this dialog as far as I am aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard.  that's odd; how do people who publish quizzes in multiple languages handle this problem if they have the English version of Captivate installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to ask them.  I thought by "customize" you were referring to the design of the dialog.  If you create a project in the French or Spanish version of Cp then this dialog is probably then going to come out in French or Spanish.

There may be a way to modify the text by hacking one of Cp's internal files (or adding an .ini file) but I'm not aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been publishing a lot in other languages, CP is not even available in Dutch, my native language. And I have been complaining a lot about the lack of localisaiton functionality, not only for this dialog box. Some small improvements have been made (in CP7 finally it is again possible to localise the Quiz Progress Indicator) but we are still far away from easy localisation. I'm not only talking about those dialog boxes, used to workaround by explaining first with audio and my own text containers, but localising some labels in the skin, tooltips, TTS (only English), some interactions that are not localisable. It is a long list, proved easier to give all my students a glossary English-other language... for common Captivate terminology.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a lot of time on this, without satisfying results. In the Captivate installation folder there are 2 files (strings.txt and strings.xml) in the en-US folder that suggest you can change the text labels there (you need administrator rights). However changing them has no results when publishing the project. I even tried removing all cached projects before publishing again etc.

The only way to do this (it's hacking really) was by patching the assets/js/CPM.js file after you published the project as HTML5. This won't work for projects published as SWF. And indeed some flexibility to adapt these texts would be much appreciated as it is prominently appearing at the end of a quiz (exam in my case) possibly confusing the candidate posting his/her results !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware, after you make changes to those files the changes will ONLY take effect on NEW projects created after that point.

Have you tried starting a new project file to see if your changes show up in that project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not start a new project since I only need this solution short term (tomorrow) on an exisitng extensive project.

So, where would the 'old' values be stored ? A colleague sent me the source file ... (I have no built-up history while creating the project) and I cleared the project cache directory to be sure ...

Do I understand correctly that you suggest these used values are already in the .cptx file ?

My colleague created the file with reporting NOT set to 'internal server' but SCORM 2004. Switching it to 'internal server' was my task. Thus the need for that popup window arose after I changed it ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I am correct, the values are cached inside the CPTX file when it is initially created and cannot be changed thereafter. To my knowledge there is nowhere that you can change them after that for that particular CPTX.

I agree that this is a poor solution but that's the way I believe it is coded at present. Your best solution is to test my theory by creating a new CPTX of the same dimensions as your current project, paste all slides from your current project INTO this new CPTX, and test publish to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources