• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PowerPoint 2007

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import slides from PowerPoint 2007 into a Adobe Captivate project? I can save the PowerPoint 2007 file as a PowerPoint 2003, .ppt extension and then import it. However, I lose a lot of the formatting.

Thanks!
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There

Try to use Insert instead of Import and see what happens, the reason is that Captivate sometimes does not enjoy importing Powerpoint.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew

I'm curious as to why you think there is a difference between clicking Insert > PowerPoint Slide... and File > Import/Export > Import Microsoft PowerPoint Slides...

Both actions seem to result in identical behavior.

For kpete1, you may wish to consider actually recording the PowerPoint presentation as opposed to importing it. You may even display it in its own window beforehand by clicking Slide Show > Set Up Show... and choosing the "Browsed by an individual (window)" option. You then display the slide show, start Captivate and adjust the recording position, then record the slide show as you would record a software demonstration.

Possibly an alternative... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick

My thoughts as a result of the Cap 1 legacy where the import function sometimes used up all available memory (froze) the machine. No idea why this happened, but the insert function was a good workaround. Lastly, I like the idea of recording the presentation, makes sense as there would be no loss of functionality (refer kpete1 importing PowerPoint 2007), will definitely keep in mind.

Cheers
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot import 2007 PowerPoint presentations (saved in 2003 format) at all. My machine keeps freezing. I am having this problem in Captivate 2 & Captivate 3.

Someone mentioned that they can import 2007 PowerPoints but lose some formatting...just curious if anyone has any ideas why my machine totally freezes. I have 2 GB of memory so that shouldn't be an issue...or you wouldn't think. It freezes on the pop-up window where you select your slides you want to import.

In Captivate 3, you no longer have the option to use Insert -> PowerPoint Slides. You must use the File -> Import steps. I thought Captivate 3 should play nicely with PowerPoint 2007 but it doesn't :-(

I tried the workaround with screen captures of the PowerPoint slides but it doesn't work for me due to the specific size I need for my Captivate projects.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Leanne :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been exporting Power Point 2007 files (saved as 2003) routinely. Now, all of the sudden, it freezes, as Leanne describes. I have reinstalled Captivate2, with no luck!

Any suggestions?? Please help.

Fernando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best screen size to set in PowerPoint, to match the size in Captivate?

PowerPoint uses Inches and Captivate uses pixels. I tried conversion tools, however, when I import the screen gets squished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2007 Aug 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

720 x 540 is a good resolution for using PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2007 Aug 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leanne, to insert PPT files in Cap3. look under the Insert -> Slide -> PowerPoint Slide or "Shift+Crtl+W"

Hope this helps

BTW, Cap3 is suppose to be compatible with PPT 7, if not please file a Bug Report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems importing PowerPoint 2007 too. I just got a new computer. I'm on Windows XP, Captivate 2, and PowerPoint 2007 (file saved in 2003 format). When I import, it reverses all of my slide background colors!!! What was beige is now BRIGHT PURPLE!!! I've done this dozens of times on my old computer (with the same background), and can't figure out what would make this different. Can someone please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am having the same problem - the software does not recognize Power Point 2007 files and when I convert them to Power Point 2003, they look fine in Power Point - but the import is terrible. My background (greys and oranges) turns into varying shades of blue. The images are blocky and pixelated around the edges. The animations work but the text is horribly rough looking... I am VERY disappointed in this software and even more upset that I have spent weeks developing a training session that I may have to re-do. Is there no patch, upgrade or solution out there for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine was just buggered up. A reinstall of Captivate and Flash has seemed to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernando,

I also reinstalled Flash...starting at version 6 up to version 8. Not sure if that will help?

Thanks
Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources