Highlighted

Issues with Asset panel in Adobe Captivate (2019 release)

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asset Panel is blank

When you click Asset Panel on the toolbar, the panel appears empty.

Solution

1. Download Assetpanel.txt file and save it on your machine locally.
  2. Rename the file Assetpanel.js.
  3. Copy AssetPanel.js file from the attached to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\ui_components\AssetsPanel folder.
  4. Restart Adobe Captivate and launch the Asset Panel.

Unable to download characters from the Asset Panel

When you try to download characters from the Discover tab, a blank screen appears. The file gets downloaded in the Temp folder; you cannot open the file.

Solution

Windows

Clear preferences.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils.
  2. Run the batch file CleanPreferencesWin.

Delete the following folders from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets.

1. 11_5
  2. Content
  3. Characters_11_5
  4. Interactions_11_5
  5. Layouts > 11_5

Update to the latest version of Captivate.

1. Launch Adobe Captivate.
  2. Click Help > Check for Updates.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

MacOS

Clear preferences.

1. Navigate to Captivate installation location > Utils.
  2. Run the file CleanPreferencesMac.

Delete the following folders from Documents > My Adobe Captivate Projects > Adobe > eLearning Assets.

1. 11_5
  2. Content
  3. Characters_11_5
  4. Interactions_11_5
  5. Delete the folder 11_5 in Documents > My Adobe Captivate Projects > Layouts. 

Captivate crashes while downloading characters from the Asset Panel

Captivate crashes or freezes if you try to insert any character from the Asset Panel.

Workaround

If you are on Windows, unzip and replace the file CaptivateUI.dll  file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64.

Note: Take a backup of the file before replacing it.

If you are on MacOS, follow the workaround below:

Instead of clicking the file, mouse over the Download button, and then click the size that you want to download.

captivate-crash-asset-panel.png

TOPICS
Advanced, Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with Asset panel in Adobe Captivate (2019 release)

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asset Panel is blank

When you click Asset Panel on the toolbar, the panel appears empty.

Solution

1. Download Assetpanel.txt file and save it on your machine locally.
  2. Rename the file Assetpanel.js.
  3. Copy AssetPanel.js file from the attached to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\ui_components\AssetsPanel folder.
  4. Restart Adobe Captivate and launch the Asset Panel.

Unable to download characters from the Asset Panel

When you try to download characters from the Discover tab, a blank screen appears. The file gets downloaded in the Temp folder; you cannot open the file.

Solution

Windows

Clear preferences.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils.
  2. Run the batch file CleanPreferencesWin.

Delete the following folders from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets.

1. 11_5
  2. Content
  3. Characters_11_5
  4. Interactions_11_5
  5. Layouts > 11_5

MacOS

Clear preferences.

1. Navigate to Captivate installation location > Utils.
  2. Run the file CleanPreferencesMac.

Delete the following folders from Documents > My Adobe Captivate Projects > Adobe > eLearning Assets.

1. 11_5
  2. Content
  3. Characters_11_5
  4. Interactions_11_5
  5. Delete the folder 11_5 in Documents > My Adobe Captivate Projects > Layouts. 

Captivate crashes while downloading characters from the Asset Panel

Captivate crashes or freezes if you try to insert any character from the Asset Panel.

Workaround

If you are on Windows, unzip and replace the file CaptivateUI.dll  file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64.

Note: Take a backup of the file before replacing it.

If you are on MacOS, follow the workaround below:

Instead of clicking the file, mouse over the Download button, and then click the size that you want to download.

captivate-crash-asset-panel.png

TOPICS
Advanced, Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggested fix, but this is not working for me. I have downloaded the assetsPanel fix and ollowed all instruction but this did not help. I have also downloaded proxy sever fix you suggested elsewhere but this also did not work.

Kindly help fix this, I am not able to preview on browser and also not able to open the assets panel - curious though, the discover tab work well. It is only the assets tab and download tab that dont open.

I am using Windows 10 latest build

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox and contact us directly so that we can connect and assist you further.

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not receive your email

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit was talking about your private messages here in the forums. Look at the top right corner, where you see your avatat. There is a mail icon which will bring you to your private messages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AssetPanel.js did not work. Please advise further

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to download assets via a webpage? There are quite a few useful assets that I want to download, but seems I can't get this working!! 

Though the Assets panel is loading and all looks good, but the moment I click on Insert, it goes into loading and then nothing happens. I then need to shift to the Discover / Downloads tab and Cancel to close the panel.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem and after following all of these instructions, nothing has changed. I still get the blank "Blank Download" screen and am unable to successfully download new characters.  Is there anything else that can be tried after following these steps and are using the most current version 11.5.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem with my work computer.  The Assets Panel works just fine on my home computer.   I think the firewall at work is somehow blocking access.   I tried the fix, but it didn't work.   Thanks for the information.  I don't think the information you gave is the problem.  The problem is the firewall.  It always put a damper on everything.  So glad I have Captivate on my home computer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0