• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jeopardy and other games gone in 2019 11.5.1.499?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This afternoon I downloaded the latest update (11.5.1.499). Now, when I go into Learning Interactions, all the games are gone (Jeopardy, Memory, Alphanums, etc.). Is that happening for anyone else? I searched the forums, release notes, etc., and didn't find any information.

I tried one of my projects that uses a Jeopardy game and fortunately it still works. But it doesn't look like I can add a new one.

Anyone know what's going on? Maybe it's because those games were Flash-based?

Kathryn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Kathryn,

Yes, we'd removed a few interactions in Captivate 2019 Update 3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/release-note/adobe-captivate-2019-update-3-release-notes.html

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathryn,

Yes, we'd removed a few interactions in Captivate 2019 Update 3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/release-note/adobe-captivate-2019-update-3-release-notes.html

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't agree with the decision to remove the game widgets, we did use them quite a bit.  It adds an entertaining facet to training.  I'm not sure how to create new ones.  Where is the best place to start researching how to create games like Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire in Adobe Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Saurav points out, it is indeed mentioned in the release notes: all interactive interactions are gone. I recreated my table with the Learning INteractions which you can download freely from:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/08/learning-interactions-tips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both! Being short on time, I had skimmed the release notes and searched (Ctrl-F) the web page for the word Jeopardy, but I got zero results. Thank you for helping me see how I missed it. 

I do wish Adobe had replaced those learning interactions with HTML equivlalents instead of just removing the Flash-based interactions. The Jeopardy game has been very popular with my learners. I realize I can probably find or create a replacement, but that's going to take either time or money to buy a ready made one. I don't have much of either (time or money) right now. The change has thrown me a curve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misunderstanding. They were not taken out because they are Flash-based. All interactions are but they were made compatible with HTML output. They were taken out because they not used very much.  You can always create games with advanced/shared actions and/or JS. I have several examples on my blog, will soon update the Memory game created in 2011....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or at least a mistaken guess 🙂 I know Flash is nearing its end of life, so I was making a (wrong) supposition.

You're right, I can (in theory) recreate the games. But as an independent contractor, I am limited on time and money. I paid quite a bit for Captivate (it was one of the more expensive purchases I've had to make) and I was disappointed to lose functionality that I felt I paid for and that my users enjoyed. I'm curious what caused Adobe to think the games weren't used much: do they monitor how many customers use the games in their learning modules?

Not that it matters--what's done is done. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you updated to Captivate 2019 from - say - Captivate 2017, you might still have the 'Interactions_10' folder or whatever it was called in your eLearning Assets (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets - asuming you are on a PC). I cannot check this myself because I did a  clean-up there to make room on my drive, but I guess the games should still be in there. Use 'Insert/ Widget...' to navigate there and select the desired game to load it, or copy the .wdgt files over to the 'Interactions_11_5' folder. They should then show up under 'Interactions/ Learning Interactions' like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Gaanf! I had checked that folder and only saw Interactions_11_0 and Interactions11_5, neither of which contained the Jeopardy widget I'd used before. But I'll do a little more digging and see if I can find an older folder. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources