• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning Management System

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2008 Feb 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company recently developed training using Captivate for a military client. The client is now interested in the training being hosted on a Learning Management System for their participats. Looking for recommendations on an LMS that can host our training using Captivate.

One LMS was attempted but their Atlas Pro system was unable to incorporate the training we developed.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2008 Feb 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too !

hi everyone,

i'm a simple SME. bought and am teaching myself CS3 Master Collection and Captivate. love the software and have almost completed a trial tutorial.

want to trial the LMS functionality on a local [even single PC] and small scale but then promote it on a very much larger scale.

seems like LME options are vast, and also dependent on ISP supporting coldfusion etc etc.

any advice very welcome
regards,
joe ogg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2008 Feb 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"me too !"

hi everyone,

i'm a simple "SME". bought and am teaching myself CS3 Master Collection and Captivate. love the software and have almost completed a trial tutorial.

want to trial the LMS functionality on a local [even single PC] and small scale but then promote it on a very much larger scale.

seems like LME options are vast, and also dependent on ISP supporting coldfusion etc etc.

any advice very welcome
regards,
joe ogg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many, many LMS systems. Your decision may have to do with what
kind of functionality you're looking for, as well as a budget (of
course). Many of the larger systems incorporate methods of tracking
things like an employees entire career path...but those get pretty
expensive too.

Smaller LMS systems that are focused just on presenting training content
to users tend to be more affordable. Two such LMS products:

1. Inquisiq:
http://www.icslearninggroup.com/products/inquisiq/learning-management-system.htm

2. WBT Manager:
http://www.ielearning.com/wbt/

I've used Inquisiq extensively and would be happy to help with any
specific questions: erik at capemedia dot net
Cheers,
Erik

ACBIRC wrote:
> Our company recently developed training using Captivate for a military client.
> The client is now interested in the training being hosted on a Learning
> Management System for their participats. Looking for recommendations on an LMS
> that can host our training using Captivate. One LMS was attempted but their
> Atlas Pro system was unable to incorporate the training we developed. Thanks
>

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
Adobe Community Expert - Authorware
http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.awaretips.net - samples, tips, products, faqs, and links!
*Search the A'ware newsgroup archives*
http://groups.google.com/group/macromedia.authorware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am an E-Learing System Designer for Qantas (Australian Airline)

In many areas of our business we use Moodle LMS, its free , SCORM complient and very user friendly.

It would have to be the easiest way to get an LMS up and running within a few hours.
About 50% of our content is developed in Captivate and it works very well on Moodle.

Good luck, Jared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
what a fantastic thing this forum is.
thank you all for your input.
will keep watching,
regards,
joe ogg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should check into inspiredelearning.com. The company I work for was checking them out and they were able to import a captivate presentation in SCORM or AICC format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2008 Feb 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mindflash looks like a good one and it's very reasonably priced. I have not implemented on anything yet as I am waiting on the company I work with to put our training on the internet. I tried out their 30 day trial and it seemed to work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2008 Feb 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

I'm not a salesman but was previously Creating and Training TELECOM Technical Training for over 10 years. Telecom certification is a farce.

I now work for an LMS Developer. Check out http://www.strategia.ca
I decided to work for this company for the product - I was that sold on it.
Competencies and Certification compliancies are the products key strengths but it is an all around strong product. This product also supports Programs and ILT mixed media for Classroom activities.

I could go on, but suggest you investigate the //ed product yourself. You should be impressed if you need to prove and report training results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources