Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Ghost" images...

Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that in Captivate 6.0 I get "Ghost" images that show through from the previous slide?

When my program moves on to the next slide, text or small parts of the previous screen stay on the screen and bleed into the next slide?

Any input on this?

I can take a screen shot of the previous slide and place it as the background, the phenomenon stops for 4 or 5 slides in publish...then starts again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Which slide quality do you use? Be sure to set it to Optimized (now default in 6.1) or High.

When publishing, turn off all compression settings and check 'Force republish all slides' as well.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which slide quality do you use? Be sure to set it to Optimized (now default in 6.1) or High.

When publishing, turn off all compression settings and check 'Force republish all slides' as well.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

settings.png

I had originally had the Advanced Project Compression & Compress SWF file checked.

I took your advice and turned off the compression and "Force republish all slides"...

It has fixed my problem! Thank you Lilybiri!

What will turning off the file compression do to my file size? Will compressing or not compressing make that big if a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't answer that correctly, filesize will certainly grow but how much depends mostly on the content I suppose. Sorry, cannot give you an answer

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue being repotred by others.... I will try this tomorrow, if this does not work any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay we have been on release.

Turning off the compression had minor impact on the file size.

It only increased the final file size by an average of 5mb.

We also checked the Force Republish of all slides on publishing and this solved our issue with the ghost images.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning on / off the compression  but if you go back to the project and edit something, the problem will reoccur, the force republish did not work for me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If these ghost images were coming only for the slides that were generated by screen capture, then turning just the "Advanced Project Compression" should resolve it. "Advanced Project Compression" essentially compresses the screen captured slides as those slides have incremental changes in the screen images. In Cp6,  in few cases, the algorithm may not perform well and you see ghost images. So, turning it off will solve it. It will have impact on the size of output, however if the screen captured slides are not a big portion of the overall module, then the overall size impact may not be much.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources